viii. smile

❝I like it when you smile

❝I like it when you smile.❞

JUNG YERIN & HWANG EUNBI.

after breakfast and baths, the two girls made their way out of the dorm room quietly to meet up with sojung and eunha at the mall. eunbi expressed how eunha's name seemed very faniliar to her, although she does not know why.

"maybe you knew her from high school? or maybe elementary?" yerin asked once they were seated comfortably at the back seat of the taxi they hailed. 

"maybe. but i don't really remember a lot of them. i was too busy trying to get my scholarship to the university." eunbi answered over the loud background music of a female idol group the driver was listening to.

"i agree. i never really had friends during high school, i had to take acting lessons and singing as well. not to mention i also had to do ballet. and don't let me tell you about school work, it was a nightmare. i still can't believe that i passed the practical exam!" she said, her arms moving around wildly, almost hitting the driver's head which she apologized sheepishly.

"the exam is kind of hard. i barely scraped through." eunbi admitted.

"i know!" 

both the girls went and talked about a lot of things comfortably on the way to the mall. and when the driver told them they were here, both of them thanked him. eunbi wanting to pay but yerin pulled out the i'm 'older' card on her, making her sigh. before they can walk away though, the driver called them.

"is there something wrong?" yerin asked, her sweet voice clear even with the sound of background music. 

the driver smiled shyly before answering, "i saw you as a supporting character  for a drama in mbc, i became a fan of you so i just wanted to ask for an autograph." he finished with a nervous chuckle.

"oh! i didn't know many people would recognize me but, uh, sure. where do you want me to sign?" yerin says, surprised. the driver gave her a notebook and told her his name, before telling her that she had earned a lot of fans since her appearance at the drama, and people have started to learn more about her. assuring that she will be in a few more episodes, yerin said goodbye and thanks to the man for his support before driving away.

"that was nice!" she said, walking back to eunbi. eunbi smiled at her although there was something wrong about the way she smiled. "'s there something wrong? are you feeling sick or something? we could go back if you want i mean, sojung eonnie would understand." she continued, worried about the younger.

"oh no no, its just that i'm a little envious. i've always wanted to be recognized when i'm outside. you get the feeling that someone actually likes what you're doing, like they care about your work. i've never really had someone praise my dance except for my parents, my group and you." eunbi said enviously.