xvlii. cry&smile

❝Our love is greater than anyone's hate

❝Our love is greater than anyone's hate.❞

JUNG YERIN.

there was a brief silence after the two women exchanged scary smiles at each other, reporters had temporarily stopped taking pictures of them and were exchanging confused looks at the interaction.

"i'm okay." yerin answered, "how about you?"

"i am feeling okay as well." the interviewer said. she was still grinning, and yerin was awfully reminded by a cheshire cat just by looking at her pearl white teeth. "you can call me sooyeon, yerin-ssi. we have a lot of questions for you so might as well be comfortable with each other." her smile went wider and yerin wanted to punch her for being so annoying without even doing anything.

"are you ready to go on with the questions?" she asked the actress nodded, face tight. "if you do not feel like answering the question, it is okay and we can skip that one." she gave her another nod and sooyeon continued on with her first question.

"first, what do you think about lea kang, your biggest rival, being named as south korea's sweetheart after your numerous scandals this week?" sooyeon seemed to enjoy this and the reporters whistled and typed in their laptops.

this was the tea. lea kang and jung yerin had been constantly compared for years after their acting debuts and a lot of tabloids and major newspapers we're sure that they were enemies since university. more rumors started after both of them ignored each other at certain award shows where they were close to each other and some moments when both of them were caught rolling their eyes or glaring at each other.

lea kang was blunt and always avoided questions about the both of them with a scowl while jung yerin avoided it with a light chuckle and a smile so none of them found their answers.

all the people in the room were buzzing with excitement, wanting to have a viral article at the end of this whole thing.

[lea kang is mentioned and introduced in chapter ten as yerin's long time rival. you can find the slight mention of her name at almost the end of the chapter.]

"lea and i do not consider as rivals. we have a fine relationship with each other, the rumors are not true and lea has never bullied me or sabotaged my career." she lied, remembering the numerous occassions that the fellow actress tried to trip her on award shows. "and well, i haven't heard of that one yet. as far as i know, i still have my billboard next to my company building." she joked, and a few laughed with her.

sooyeon seemed to be dissapointed at her response and yerin internally agreed with herself. she was right, this girl hated her and judging by the perfected half-sneer, half-smile she was giving her, sooyeon wanted her to spill some dark secrets that can ruin her whole career.

"well, that is a surprise." she joked back before asking another question from the cue cards. "the one question that everyone wants to ask,"

suddenly everyone sat upright, stopped drinking their coffee, stopped typing, and the live cameras panned closer to their faces. there were loud muttering down the stage, apparently the viewer count raised by 10 percent.