xxxiii. cry&smile

❝I need you, I need you, I need you right now

❝I need you, I need you, I need you right now. Yeah, I need you right now.❞ Chainsmokers ft. Daya, Don't Let Me Down

JUNG YERIN.

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA. FOUR YEARS LATER, THE DAY.

"hurry up guys! we only have three minutes left!" this seemed to panic the make-up artists who hurriedly put on the finishing touches of her peach eyeshadow.

the girl that sat in the small van flinched when the brushes were harsh and rushed on her skin. the fans outside were screaming excitedly, a mixture of girls and boys' voices.

"okay we're done! setting spray!" tiffany exclaimed, hand waiting for the item which someone gave to her wordlessly.

"alright? yerin are you ready?" her manager said and the bored look on yerin's face changed.

chuckling, she answered, "of course i am."

the man rolled his eyes fondly before opening the door of the vehicle.

yerin put her feet out, clad in gucci high heels and the crowd's voices got louder.

she schooled her expression into a lively one, smirking when her fans screamed impossibly louder and the cameras started clicking every second.

"jung yerin! jung yerin!" the whole crowd chanted and smiling gratefully, she waved and bowed at them before strutting her way to the center of the red carpet where more cameras focused on her.

smile.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

the twenty-six year old sighed, rubbing her temples in an attempt to make her headache go away, it made it worse.

"why the hell does the company want to meet up with eunwoo again?" she complained.

"just to satisy the people who ship you together. it's a popularity boost for the both of you."

"we're literally just friends? we talked about this. i don't see him as someone that i would like to be with in the future."

and besides, i like girls.

"yerin -"

"talk to me when you have something i'd actually worry about." she said and went out the room and sat down at the dofa outside the office.

yerin sighed and took her phone out lazily and scrolled through the pictures she took recently, debating on which one to use for her instagram update.

"oh." she stopped and tapped on a particular picture saved on her phone.

it was a picture of both of them, their cheeks squished together as eunbi took a picture. their faces bare of make-up and the shadows under their eyes seemed blacker than a racoon.