twenty-two

"WHATEVER IT IS WE'RE LOOKING FOR," Kevin told them, "Joaquin didn't know if it would help your dad or make things worse

"WHATEVER IT IS WE'RE LOOKING FOR," Kevin told them, "Joaquin didn't know if it would help your dad or make things worse." The gang had all gathered in Jughead's trailer after Joaquin had given Kevin some new information.

"Guess we're gonna find out," Kara sighed, crossing her arms. Archie frowned beside her. "Why did he wait so long to tell us?"

Kevin shook his head, shrugging. "FP called him from jail. Told him to forget about their plan, some contingency plan. He said it was too dangerous." Jughead snorted. "Deja vu."

They then began to search the apartment, until Betty pulled a letterman jacket from underneath the sofa. "Hey, here." She unfolded it and Veronica gasped. It was a Riverdale letterman jacket. Jason Blossom's letterman jacket.

"How was this supposed to help FP?" Kara wondered aloud. Archie nodded in agreement. "Looks more like incriminating evidence to me..." he muttered. Jughead crossed his arms. "Yeah, this just confirms that my dad torched Jason's getaway car."

"And that his confession was true."

There was silence. No one wanted to believe that it was true, but what better evidence than the jacket of the murder victim? "I'm sorry Jughead..." Veronica said quietly. Kara's jaw clenched and she shook her head. "No. No, I'm not giving up yet," she said firmly, taking the jacket from Betty quickly. She tossed it at Archie, who caught it, his face bewildered. "Put it on."

"What?" He asked. "Put. It. On."

Archie didn't argue any further and slid the jacket on, feeling slightly queasy and uncomfortable. "Kar, this is weird-"

"Wait, there's a hole in the pocket..." she murmured, tucking her fingers in the hole and feeling around. "Okay, we're just grasping at straws now," Kevin said, frowning.

"No, Kara might be on to something," Betty said, kneeling beside Archie as well. "When I have a hole in my pocket, I always lose my chapstick in the liner..." Betty said, holding the pocket open for Kara to dig her fingers into the lining. Kara frowned, feeling her fingers brush against metal. She gripped it tightly and pulled a flash drive from the pocket, looking up in triumph at Archie.

"The Nancy Drew duo strikes again," Veronica mused with a smirk. The group hurriedly grabbed Jughead's laptop and downloaded the video file. They piled onto the couch and Betty pressed play.

The footage was a security camera in what looked like a basement, and Kara knew immediately where it was. The Whyte Wyrm. The video showed Jason Blossom tied to a chair, with Mustang standing over him, taunting him. As they continued to watch, a new figure came into the room, tall and brooding. Archie squeezed her hand. "Oh my God..." Veronica breathed.