n i n e t e e n

A s c h e r

It's been more than a month since Maddox found me. It's been well. Two days since Maddox helped me out with my wolf, she's been behaved and nothing but nice to me since. 

Maddox has been off. 

"Are you okay?" I ask, reaching out to hold his shoulders behind him. 

"Mmm, come sit on my lap, love." He says, holding both my hands in his and giving sweet pecks on both. 

I do as told. "What do you want to do today?" I ask in an attempt to lighten the mood. 

"Hmm, just bask in your lovely presence." He smiles, eyes closed. 

"Mm." I wonder what's wrong?

He sighs. 

"Tell me what's wrong?" 

"It's nothing you should concern yourself with." 

"But I feel what you're feeling but I can't understand.."

He opens his eyes and I feel as if he's staring right through me. 

He sighs, again and kisses my forehead.

"I love you, you know that?" 

I perk up, "Mm!" smiling.

He giggles. That's really cute.

"Okay, I'll tell you. Because you're cute." He says, ruffling the top of my head.

"And I'm your mate and you can tell me anything and everything, right?" I encourage him.

"Of course, the same for you." We both smile.

"This is big girl stuff. You're my Luna and I'll never risk losing you." 

"Mmm.." 

"When I got you from Alpha Harry, we made a deal."

"Mmm..?"

"An Alpha's deal, which means I have no choice." 

"Mmm?"

"Use your words, princess."

"Yeah?"

"He didn't want to let you go but he agreed if I agreed to get him his mate back."

"Oooh!"

He laughs, "Yes, he has a mate." He kisses my cheek.

"That's really good! I didn't think he has one since you know.." 

His face flashes a sad emotion but it's quick to disappear. 

"The Alpha of Abyss has his mate."

"Ohh, that's tough." The news saddens me and Maddox is quick to give a comforting hug.

"Alpha Harry wants his mate back and I have to get her back to him within the next weeks or I'll have to give you back to Harry.."

What? I try to process what he's saying but my initial reaction is mad. Mad like hell hath no fury. 

Maddox notices my eyebrows furrowed and

"Which isn't happening because I will never let you out of my reach ever again!" I let him continue, trying to be very understanding and not let my emotions get the better of me. 

"I've just been thinking lately how I'd go about. Xavier is tough to talk with but this needs to work out." 

"I'll come with you if that helps?" I ask, wanting to help my mate and Alpha Harry and his mate.

"No. Xavier will not see you, I can't risk him taking you like he's taken Harry's mate."

"Wait, so you'll leave me here?" I pull my please face.

"Oh that's not working, princess..." It seems like it's working slowly.

"He won't take me because you'll be with me and I trust you won't let him take me, right?"

"Ah, shit, fine." He kisses the top of my head and I cringe my nose.

"Ew your dirty mouth just kissed me, you need to wash that!" 

"I'm sorry, sweet baby." 

Our talk about Harry's mate and Abyss is over as we change it to our usual sweet banter. All of my mate's worries seemingly fading the more he laughs with me and I'm happy to have my Maddox back to normal.

I really do want to help Maddox and more importantly, help Alpha Harry get his mate like he's helped me find mine. 

How bad could Alpha Xavier of Abyss be?

|I've never been one to pay much attention to this book's ranking, I once saw it at around the top40 for werewolf the highest, I'm not sure how other authors are so updated with the rankings?  (Please tell me how to do the same.) Chapter Twenty is next and I'm still deciding how fast or slow I want the next chapters to go through. 

I'm looking into the idea of creating a Harry Styles fanfic after this but I'm not the biggest fan to know everything about him but I fancy him enough to know the basics. 

I'm still busy with something but I just couldn't help progressing this story just a tad bit for what I've in my head - can't wait to share it with all of you. I love to read messages, comments and even comments on my wall. I'm fairly easy to talk with as I hope some of you may gather from our exchanges, please don't be shy x