Chapter 60 - The New Baby

*Makoto's pov*

When I woke up in the morning and both Kyoko and Toko were gone I didn't worry as I knew they wouldn't be far. Nita had also gone so they would probably be letting her out or something.

Nori was awake so I took him to go and find some breakfast for us all. But out in the corridor I saw Kyoko and Toko stood there facing the doctors door. Kyoko had something in her arms and Nita was at Toko's feet.

"Kyoko?" I asked.

She jumped and looked around, in her arms she had a tiny baby.

"Makoto..." she whispered as I went over to her.

Nori followed me closely.

"Is everything okay?" I asked her as I looked at the baby's face.

Kyoko shook her head and just looked down at the baby.

"What's happened?" I asked her.

"Hina isn't doing well, she was left last night and she has lost a lot of blood" Toko filled me in as Kyoko appeared to not be able to say anything.

"But she okay isn't she?" Nori asked, "I mean still alive"

Kyoko just sighed as she turned away from us and looked back at the door.

"W-we don't know..." Toko finally told us.

She looked at Kyoko then came over to me and indicated for me to move away with her. She seemed to want to talk privately.

"Kyoko thinks it's her fault" Toko told us once we were some distance from Kyoko.

"Why?" Asked Nori.

"W-well she left Hina in the hands of the nurse, I think she just feels that she should have stayed with her until she had recovered" Toko sighed.

I looked at Kyoko, and still she hadn't looked to see where we were. Nori held my hand and then reached to grabbed the other one. I just watched him as he put them together for me and he then made eye contact with me.

"We should pray for her and her baby" he told me and Toko.

"I-I can't, I-I've performed to many sins to ask God for help" Toko told us.

I just nodded and together me and Nori said a few words for Hina and her baby.

Half way through our praying the doctor opened the door and Soul came out. He went over to Kyoko who handed him the baby before following him back inside the room. Nita was ordered to stay outside, so once Kyoko was gone from view she came to us three.

"We should just get breakfast and continue like normal until we find more out" I told them.

They nodded in agreement and off we went to grab some food.

A few hours past after breakfast and still we hadn't heard anything from Soul or Kyoko. Everyone was a bit down because we had told them what had happened last night.

To try and lighten the mood Komaru was asking us questions, "Okay now would you rather have teeth for hair or hair for teeth?"

"What type of question even is that?" Byakuya asked her critically.

"Hair for teeth" Buster replied.

"But how would you eat?" Roma asked him.

"I would be like a whale and filter out small pieces of food" he smiled.

"What is that?" Roma asked.

Buster looked shocked but then finally realised "If we ever find a book shop I'll show you what a whale is"