*Twenty*

I was sleeping lightly when Kc finally woke up from her rest after her treatment knocked her out. She slowly held her head up and looked right at me, as a few tears trailed down her cheek. She reached her free hand out for my face, and as she touched me I woke up and slightly fluttered my eyes at her and gave her a heartwarming smile. I got out of the chair and wrapped my arms around her and gave her a sweet kiss and asked her if she was strong enough to tell me why she was playing dead for. She looked away from me as she asked me how her baby boy was and if I found out about his condition, and if I was taking care of it.

I gave her hand a squeeze and told her that I knew, and at the moment his uncle Klayton was taking care of him until I could get back home, with her coming with me so we both could show our son love and care for him as a real family. Kc looked at me and said she wasn't sure about all that, I moved away from her a little bit as her words stung me in the heart, and I asked her why there was no way her father could find her in Vegas, and I would take care of her always, and together we could take care of our little man, because he really missed her, and needed her in his life, as much as he needed me.

Kc sat up in the bed and said that she would do anything to be with her baby, but pretending to be dead was the only way she could get her son safely to me, because her father has been trying to give him up for adoption ever since he knew she was pregnant, and on her death, he had no choice but to bring Jc to me, because it was in her will. She just decided to stay dead after she found her son was safe with me, so she wouldn't be able to be stuck under her father's rule. I reached over and gently placed my lips on hers for the first time in a very long time, and told her that I loved her and that I needed her to come home with me...and together we could take care of each other, then I jokingly added that in time Jc would be taking care of both of us. Kc was in tears as she asked, how Jc's treatments were doing for him.

I gave her a reassuring squeeze on her hand and told her that his new doctor was amazing, and Jc's Leukemia was in total remission, and the doctor is extremely hopeful that by the time he reaches 7 years old he will be totally cured of it. I was about to tell her something else when her nurse came in and gave Kc her medicine thru her IV and before she left Kc asked her when she thought she would be well enough to leave the hospital and travel somewhat of a long distance to where her new home and life was located. I gave her a wide grin when she said she was going home with me, then I looked up at the nurse and waited for her answer. 

The nurse finished writing the results on her clipboard, then looked up at both of us and said it would be better if she stayed in the hospital's care for at least another couple days until they could get her pneumonia taken care of. Kc cleared her throat and told her that would be fine, that she has waited a very long time for me to come rescue her, she could manage the waiting of a couple more days. Then she looked at me with those loving and piercing blue eyes and added especially when I was there with her now. Instead of resting in the chair I added my pillow in her hospital bed beside her and jumped in next to her, then snuggled up to her and gave her a kiss, then told her how happy I was that she was going to be in my life again for the rest of our lives.

We were getting ready to go to sleep when my phone went off, I looked at the image to see who was calling me, and when I saw Stoney's crazy ass I answered it very quickly and asked if Jc was alright because I always panicked for some reason when he called me. But it was Jc on the line instead of Stoney, I laid back down as I asked how my little man was doing, and what he was doing swiping his uncle Klayton's phone for, Jc giggled and said his uncie Kwayton was sleeping in his bed, and he wanted to talk to me. I put the phone on speaker so Kc could hear our little man. After I had a very silly but pleasant conversation, I asked him if he would like to talk to someone else for a little bit, Jc said yeah but by the garbled speech I knew he had his binky back in his mouth.

I handed Kc the phone, then I laid back and wrapped my arms around her while she had a loving conversation for the first time since he was brought to me. Klayton woke up when he heard Jc giggling and asked him if he dialed ghostbusters while he was asleep, Jc started giggling and said he was talking to mommy and daddy. Klayton turned his phone on speaker and asked how everything was going and when was I bringing myself and the future Mrs. Mindfreak home, so he could get back to his music, for he had a whole shit pot of work to do, but he couldn't do it while he was taking care of his nephew, because he was much more fun to play with than his music, and always sidetracked him. After we three shared a few more laughs, I told him we'd be on our way in a couple days and to just hold out a little longer. Then we told each other goodnight then I hung up the phone and snuggled up with Kc and peacefully fell asleep.