Chapter 1 Amillia

The year my father decided to unleash the first  zombie apocalypse.He is the most insane person I know. My sister and I have escaped tragedy after tragedy. Friends, family we've survived it all. My mother showed up in the last few minutes of my freedom. My father shot her. I originally thought that Arica and I were orphans. We were told that our parents died in a car crash, and now that my freedom is gone, i have nothing. I am not going to give up yet; not while i am still alive.

I have met a lot of strange and unusual people in my life time, but nothing so amazing as Angel and Kytten. These two young women have wings. They are our air support. They both can shoot guns, and fight the pain of loss. They lost their real parents to the treacherous Cole Ragmeal.

Cole Ragmeal is my father. He is evil and crazy, but that's enough about this. We were last seen in cages in my dad's laboratory.

"What are you going to do to us?" Arica asked our father.

"I'm going to let you out of your cages, and we'll go upstairs for dinner," he said in reply.

"Wait! What?" I said confused.

"You heard me. It's supper time. Get your mother bandages and gauze. We need to wrap her wounds," I could not believe what he was saying.

Here I was in a cage with my sister and my dog, and he was saying to me that we were going to eat as a family.

"May! I need you to stitch up her wound, okay?" Cole asked.

"Okay," May answered.

My father opened the doors on our cages and let us out. We bandaged our mother, and we put her in a bedroom to rest.

"Why are you doing this?" asked Arica.

"Yeah," I said, "I don't understand." I was still confused.

"You're my daughters. If I am going to have you another two years, I don't want you to think I'm crazy, and evil," dad said.

Okay, that's really strange. We went from gun happy, to okay I don't deserve the charges you are going to give me. I'm not evil. What's wrong with him? We went to the kitchen.

"Um, I..Can't...Cook," Cole smiled sheepishly.

"Whatever, I got it," I replied. I walked into the kitchen. I heard my sister snicker. I don't like to cook, but if I had to, I could. It wasn't all bad I guess.

It was around 6 PM when I finished cooking. I had made fried chicken and pasta. I placed forks, knives, spoons, plates, napkins, and pots of food onto to the long table.

"Dinner is served," My father said. What a slap in the face. I mean I did all the work.

"So" Arica said.

"What am I still doing here?" May asked.

"Well, I figured you have the police on your side. I don't want to be put in jail now, do I?" Cole asked. He had a snotty tone with my friend.

"Enough," I yelled getting up, and going to the kitchen. They both quietly turned, and like children, stuck their tongues out at each other.

"I saw that!" I yelled from the kitchen. They both looked at me and shrugged. One more glare was shared between them, and then they started to eat.

I carried a glass of wine to my father. He thanked me, and I sat down in my chair.

"So, are we going to be caged when you're done telling us your plan? Or do we get to die with your zombies?" I asked.

"Amillia, dear, I mean you no harm. I was just a little under the weather for a few days. So, you may roam the house as much as you want, but you aren't allowed outside the gates," Cole said

Just great! There was no hope for escape, but at least we still had enough room to conquer this place.

"Oh, and don't try anything under cover. You're never under my radar. I know where you are at all times. That's my job," Cole said.

So, there was no escaping this apocalypse.