Chapter 44 Ben

Gabrielle guided me down a long hallway to my cell after today's testing. He locked me in and walked away. I noticed there was a new cell next to my own. In it lay a tall, muscular, blonde, teenage boy. His eyes were closed, but there was something that I noticed about him. He had wings. They looked exactly like Kat and Kytten's wings. There was one more thing that I noticed. The label stated that he was eighteen years old and male. It also stated that his name was Hunter.

"Hey..." I whispered.

Hunter just rolled over onto his left wing and grumbled something inaudible. I looked up. I was missing Matimba right now. It hurt to think that I may never see her again. I couldn't bear the thought of losing her. I turned my attention back to Hunter.

"Hey, Hunter!" I yelled at him.

Hunter stirred. He sat up and opened his wings fully. He cracked his knuckles and stretched. Then he looked at me. His irises were red. I'd never seen anything like it before.

"What?" he sounded irritated.

"Do you think we could find a way out of here?" I asked him. He looked at me with a look of arrogance.

"Please," he said, "I know this place like the back of my wing. I could get us out of here really fast if I wanted to," Hunter held his head up high, and he leaned back on his arms. I think we were about to get out of here. Matimba, here I come.