Chapter 29 Cole Ragmeal

MY daughter Amillia burst into the room. She was quite frantically looking for something. When she couldn't find it, she sat down with a huff in her breath, and put her head down in her hands.

"May. Where is May?" she muttered.

"She went up to the roof for some air," Arica replied.

Amillia looked unsettled.

"I have this sick feeling that something is wrong," Amillia looked at me. Her eyes were clouded with worry. I understood that feeling. That's how I felt when my real mother had passed.

*********

I was quite almost the same age as Amillia. It was a happy spring day, and the air was warm. I was outside with my older sister Nicole.

"Why don;t you come and play, Cole?" Nicole asked me.

"Something feels wrong, Nicky," I had replied.

I was sitting under the Cyprus tree. My sister played near the edge of our pond. As she neared the water my insides bubbled. Something was definitely wrong. Just as I had thought my sister screamed.

I jumped up, and since I was taller than my older sister, I pulled her away. I covered her eyes. My blood was pumping super fast.Who was in the water? I held my breath as the tears flooded my eyes. It was mom. I pushed Nicole forward and away towards the house.

"Go to the house, and do not look back. Okay, Nicky?" I asked her.

"Why?" She questioned me.

"Just go!" I yelled.

The last I saw of my sister was that day when her long hair swayed back and forth on her way to where the killer still resided, our dad.

*********

My eyes clouded with grief.

"We should look for her," I stated at last.

Amillia stood for a moment so still and fragile. I thought she might collapse. She looked me in the eyes. The look on her face begged for answers; Answers I couldn't giver her.

"What if she isn't okay?" she asked.

"We have to hope that she is," I replied.