Chapter 32 Kimberly

"No!" I screamed as the gunshot rung through the room. Nicole's laughter was still haunting my mind.

I watched as the sickening sound of May's body hit the ground. I swear my heart stopped. I rushed across the room to her side. She coughed. She was smiling.

"It's been a good life," she said.

"No! Don't think like that! I'm going to save you!" I screamed at her with tears in my eyes. How could she smile when she was dying?

"I know you won't be able to save me. There's too much blood. You won't be able to stop it," she coughed up blood. Her face softened as I cried over her.

"Please don't leave me!" I yelled.

"It's too late!" yelled Nicole from across the room.

I was still looking at May. I didn't care about what Nicole had to say. May was slipping away.

"I'm sorry I couldn't create a cure," May said.

I laughed, "It's okay. You did your best."

"Cole," May choked.

"What about him?" I asked leaning closer to her dying body in anticipation of what she might tell me.

"Save," she drew in her last breath. May was dead, and Nicole was laughing.

"What's so funny?" I finally turned to face Nicole.

"Olivia is dead. She finally paid the price for what she has done to me and my family," Nicole said evilly.

"What did she do that was so bad, Nicky?" I screamed. I shook my head at her.

"She took away my family. I was so wrongly acused as my mother's killer!" she started to cry.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"How could she do this to me?" Nicole slunk down to her knees.