Chapter 13 Matimba

As Ben and I figured out what we were going to do with whatever time we had left, I went back to what I never wanted to be again; Hungry. I thought that after May fixed me up this would end, but I still stand here hungrily waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Soon I found Ben sitting at the table with his hands clasped. Obviously he was frustrated and trying to think about something.

"I was thinking," I said. Ben turned his head towards me. His eyes were bloodshot. He was also very pale, almost sickly. "Maybe you and I could go out to get a bite to eat." That's all I had to say and Ben understood.

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. When do you want to go... Eat?" he asked.

"Now, if that is okay with you," Ben stood up, and we headed to the door. Amilla walked up to us quickly.

"Guys! I have urgent news!" she informed us.

"What is it? What's your news?" I asked.

"It's bad you're not going to like it," she said. Her face was turning serious, "Nicole Ragmeal is loose out there somewhere,"

"Who?" Ben asked.

"My aunt, she is a criminal. She is just as evil if not more than my father, Cole Ragmeal," Amillia looked into my eyes which told me that she meant every word that she said.

"Okay we were just fixing to patrol the surrounding area. Trust me when I say that we will be careful,"  I said.

"You better be careful out there you two!" Amillia told us sternly.

"We will. I will keep her safe, Amillia," Ben replied in equal sternness.

"Well, okay then, stay safe," she said.

"We will," I said in reply.

We walked out the door without another word said, and Ben and I didn't speak either. We were more focused on getting food than anything else in the world.

"Ben," I finally said, breaking the silence.

"Yes, Matimba?" Ben asked.

"Do you think that we will be zombies forever?" I asked.

"No, I'm sure May will find the cure for this disease," Ben replied.

"Do you think then that we will die in the fight against the rest of the zombie gorillas?" I asked.

"I don't know what will happen to us now. All that I know is that we stick together until the end, and until then, all we can do is hope that we live to see another day," Ben said.

Which actually helped to clear my mind.

We hunted for the next couple of hours until we heard noises in the bushes. Then in front of us, we saw two zombie gorillas. They were actually running from us. Normally they run towards us, not away from us.

Ben watched the gorillas in front of us and saw that they were long gone.

"They are long gone now. That was really weird, normally they try to attack us and put up a good fight before we kill them," Ben said.

"I know, so what scared them?" I asked

"I don't know," Ben replied.

That's when we turned to face the bushes, and then our worst nightmare popped out. Cole Ragmeal!