Chapter 36 Ben

I sat in my cell. I missed Matimba so bad.She was my world. She made laugh, and she comforted me when I was sad. I wished I could leave, but I was still sitting here in this cell waiting to die. Zene came to the door.

"Time for your daily testing, Ben," he stated.

Ah the testing. They tortured me, and they injected me with possible cure elements. I hated the daily testing. It made me feel sick to my stomach. I stood up. 

"Come on, Ben. Don't make this any harder than it already is," Zene said.

"If this is hard for you, then why do you do it?" I asked reluctantly.

"Because I have to," Zene stated. 

I walked up to the cell door. Zene opened it. I put my hands out, and Zene handcuffed them. It had become routine. He led me down the usual dark corridor. My head felt heavy on my shoulders. I didn't look forward to what torture awaited me today. We arrived at a doorway.

"Take your shoes off, Ben. You know the drill," Zene stated.

"Yes," I replied.

I understood all too well what pain was to come for me next. I took off my shoes, and Zene opened the door. 

"Good luck, Mr Caldez," Zene stated as walked in.

I heard the door close and lock behind me. A female voice came over the intercom.

"Welcome to Ground Zero, Ben. You will go through a series of tests to test you strength, endurance, and stamina. Please step onto the designated platform when you are ready," the voice stated this everyday.

I then stepped onto the platform. It sunk into the floor for test number one, Stamina.