Chapter 40 Matimba

Amillia woke me up this morning. I climbed out of my nest of blankets and assorted trash. I had a piece of paper stuck to the side of my face. I pulled it off wondering what it was. I read a bunch of scribblings, or more of notes, that was written for my speech for May's funeral which was today. I stood up from the bed, and I went to my bathroom attached to my room. As I was getting ready for a shower, I saw May's door to her room on the other side of the room. I looke around to see May's things everywhere. I felt overwhelmed. I needed Ben. I ran out of my room and down the hall to Ben's room.

"Ben!" I cried throwing the door open. I was crying. Then I noticed how his room was dark, and not a thing was touched in days. He was still gone. He had left me. He never cared about me. He got tired of me, and he just left without saying goodbye. He did that because who could ever love me? I'm nothing but a suicidal zombie.

I began to hyperventilate. I was scanning the room hoping to see him. I tripped over a box full of clothes and landed on my butt. I rolled over on my side hugging my knees. I was silently sobbing.

"The love of my life, my rock, he left me. I was never good enough. How could I think I was ever good enough for him! I was so stupid! My best friend, May, My emotional support,my teacher, was dead now. I was never worthy to study under her. I had never deserved such wonderful people. I don't deserve to walk this Earth," I thought scratching at my wrists before I saw a combat knife under the bed.

Once I had a hold of it, I cut deep into my right wrist, and I cut straight down my arm. I did same with my left. I grunted in pain, but the pain I felt in my arms didn't compare to the pain I felt in my heart. Tears were staining my face as I awaited death. As I was draining my life on the floor, in Ben's room, on the edge of contentiousness, I heard a door open as I fell into the darkness. The last thing I thought was how sorry I was to Ben that it had to be this way. I'm sorry.