Chapter 6 Amillia

I watched Spot and Lily play on the hill, and I saw a hawk land on a tree branch nearby. It was mystical. I had an idea. I grabbed the note that I had planned to give to Max. I called the hawk near. Then, I tied a piece of straw around the note.

"Take it to Max Rider, please," the hawk flew off I hoped that the note would reach max, and soon.

"What was that all about?" asked May who was sitting nearby on the hill.

"May, can you promise to keep a secret?" I asked.

"Yes," May answered.

"Okay, so I just attached a letter to Max on that hawk saying that I need him to understand we can't be together anymore, and I won't be home for a while," I stated.

"Okay, I don't see the p..." May was interrupted by Cole.

"Okay, girls, time to come inside. I made lemonade," he said.

I think he forgo that I don't like lemonade.

"Where's Arica?" asked Cole.

"If you cared enough to know that Arica is gone, then why can't you remember that I don't like lemonade?" I screamed running into the house to my bedroom. Spot was trailing close behind me.

"May, find Arica. It's time to come inside," he called over his shoulder.

Cole followed me into the house.

"Amillia, calm down. I knew that you didn't like lemonade. I made you a chocolate shake. It's over there on the counter. Please, calm down, Amillia," Cole said.

"No! Let me go! If you truly loved me, you'd let me go!" I screamed.

He stood up, walked towards the window and cried. Cole Ragmeal was crying? I couldn't look at him, let alone speak to him.

"Take everyone and leave. Go!" he yelled through tears, "You're no longer tied to this place. Take your mother, May, Arica, your dogs, and May's parents, and leave!"

Cole continued to cry. He had made his point quite clear. I got up from my seat, and I hugged him.

"Thank you, Dad," I said.

This was the first time I had called him this since the car crash. I turned around and I headed outside. I called Arica and May.

"We are allowed to go now. Let's grab your parents from the cellar, and I'll get our mom from upstairs. Let's get out of here," I said.

"What?" May asked.

"There's no time to explain. Now, go!" I said.

After I got my mom from upstairs, I went back downstairs, and I grabbed my shake on my way out that my dad had made for me. I smiled and walked out the front door. my mom was walking next to me.

"Amillia, why is your father letting us go?" she asked.

"Because, I asked him to. I guess he does care," I said.

"Or it's a trick," Arica said.

"Yeah, we'll see if it's true or not," said May, "Open the gate."

I reached for the gate's handle. To my surprise it unlatched and opened.

"See, I told you so," I said.

"Let's get out of here," Chase replied.

"Yes, please," Olivia replied.

We left my father behind. Now I wished I hadn't sent that note to Max. Maybe we could still be together, but a promise is a promise, though I'm not sure it was the right thing to do.