85 - Buoyancy 🏊

Dedicated to @sassyroe - check out her book Dracula's Tempestuous Bride... It's fire 🔥 And yo Sam, I'm sorry haven't gotten a space in the fabric of time to flip through your fabulous book. But I do need to acknowledge you for the poet or writer I have become and with help in I live for her and all. And when I write a fantasy book - you'll know you were one of my influences.

I doubt any of you can truly understand the confusion and test that is wanting a girl who confessed to have been hoarding a fear of emotions for a while now. And by a while I mean so long that passionate poet boy shrivels up into a dying autumn leaf because he does believe what she speaks: it's just too rich - her fear. She's not within reach - the girl. So poet boy hides everything from her: how he feels, what he thinks and what he's writ.

The confusion is a mental overthinking storm that tosses you from thoughts of wanting to open up and splash feels at her to wanting not to because you're scared she'll drown. The test is growing patience as you pray to God for a sign - some sort of cue - of when to spill or that she's buoyant enough for poet boy feelings. Poet boy wants her to swim - that's all.

- Leroy Lake