Could it be?: Chapter 9

Hey guys!

So I want to ask you guys to vote, comment, and fan please. :-)

And if any of you like making covers, I'd greatly appreciate one.

Anyways, here's the story.... :-)

To the side is Levi wearing his glasses. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter 9-

-Levi-

"What...?" I asked softly, loosening our embrace so I could look him in his beautiful eyes.

He kept his strong arms around me as he leaned over and lightly left a trail of soft kisses along my jawline, pausing at my chin and lifting his head to press our foreheads together. "I love you, Levi." He whispered.

I closed my eyes, breathing heavily as I tried to comprehend his actions and words. "You shouldn't." I said softly.

"You're all I think about..." He murmured, ignoring my comment by kissing my forehead lightly.

"You can't." I said again, only strengthening my voice slightly so it was more audible.

"When I get near you I don't know how I keep myself from kissing you senseless..." He said a little louder to match my tone, and then chuckling as I felt him leave a light kiss my nose.

I was speechless as I opened my eyes to meet his. I glanced down to see his lips hovering over mine.

"I'll never leave you, Levi." He whispered, and that triggered my memories. Within in seconds, years flew by in my mind.

-

"Daddy!" I screamed, tears streaking my face. I looked around the vacant playground desperately, catching no sign of my father. "Daddy!"

"Levi, Levi! I'm right here, buddy!" I heard my father's gentle voice ringing in my five-year-old ears. I sniffled and rushed into my father's open arms, right beneath the slide I was on moments ago, wrapping my own arms around his neck as he lifted me into a warm hug. Still silently weeping, my father patted my back gently and gave me a strong kiss on my forehead.

"What's wrong, bubba?" He asked kindly, his voice gentle.

"I thought I lost you..."

"Levi, bud, I'll never leave you. I promise."

-

"Levi, please go put my suitcase in the car!" My mother screamed from upstairs. She once again was going on her yearly business trip that I despised so much. I ignored her request, simply holding onto the suitcase.

"Mom... Can't Mr. Aarons send another representative?" I asked hopefully, and I could hear my mother's chuckle from upstairs. Within a minute, her feet were pounding down the stairs, with her heels in her hand. All dressed in her business suit, I sighed- knowing there was no way to change her mind.

"You can deal without me once a year, Levi. Can't you be a normal teenager? Living in New York City- throwing crazy parties or sneaking out to clubs with a fake I.D when your momma's gone, eh?" My mother teased, her eyes as playful as her smile- despite the wrinkles surrounding them.

I chuckled, catching her contagious smile. "Save that speech for Fiona." I challenged her, matching her playful demeanor.

My mom kissed my cheek, and then took her suitcase from my hand. As she opened the front door, I stopped her.