6

Bakugo was eerily silent, head down in a way that made Todoroki unable to see his face."...Where did you get that information?" He asked lowly.

"You're not the only one with a long family history. The only difference is that my family chooses to write their knowledge down in books," Todoroki replied, letting go of Bakugo.

"What kind of shitty words are you saying? Don't act so familiar!" Bakugo growled back, pulling at the chains that bound him.

The action was enough to let Todoroki know that Bakugo was mad, but still he continued talking."As a prince of the most knowledgable kingdom in the land, I know all about your family."

Todoroki looked to Bakugo for any signs of anger and decided to continue since he wasn't very good at reading faces."Your mother was also Dragon Tamer, raised to be the best warrior in her clan. She met your father in the middle of a territory war and they both fell in love. Your father wasn't the strongest person so she often had to protect him, which the clan leaders didn't take kindly to. They wanted her to marry someone stronger so they could have a strong baby to form a contract with another dragon.

"Your mother and father ran away from the clan because of this and had you not to long after. Together, you all stayed in captivity for 13 years until the clan found you and your family. They wanted to kill you, saying you were a bastard child, so your family fled but the clan followed, soon cornering you. Your parents protected you and let you get away but in the end they were killed.

"Seeking revenge, you made a contact with a dragon, becoming a Dragon Tamer like your mom and killing everyone in her old clan. Then you formed your own tribe and were back at the present."

There was a short pause and then a snort came out of Bakugo's mouth. He looked a Todoroki, a wild smirk on his face even though his eyes held so much pain."You got it wrong. They didn't call me a bastard child, they called me a demon incarnate."

Todoroki stood there, stunned and not knowing what else to say other than,"Oh, my mistake."

This made Bakugo laugh, a loud cackle that was full of pain but still held strength. It looked like he was regaining his ground."The fuck do you even want from me?" He asked after letting out some steam.

"I thought I made myself very clear. I want to be your Dragon Rider. No...I will be your Dragon Rider," Todoroki corrected himself.

"The hell are you acting so high and mighty for?" Bakugo raged, not liking the way Todoroki talked to him."You may be a prince of your own kingdom, but I'm not apart of it, so you have no right to order me around!"

Todoroki grabbed Bakugo by the neck, pulling him forward in a way that made Bakugo wince, the hand gripping him so tight he could barely breath."Right now, you're in my kingdom, Bakugo, so I can do whatever I want with you." Bakugo fumed at Todoroki's words."And if that isn't enough motivation for you, then just think of your comrades."

Bakugo's eyes widened. There was no way he could have his people...but if he did..."The fuck are you trying to say?"

Todoroki ignored his question."To be your Dragon Rider I need to form a bond with you. So, after doing some research, I decided that the best bond to form would be a blood bond. Now what makes a blood bond so strong is that it requires consent for both parties, and, once formed, it never expires. Therefore, Bakugo, I need your consent."

"Ha! Let hell I would ever form a bond with you! Go find some other Dragon Tamer to do your dirty work," Bakugo yelled, ripping Todoroki's hand from his neck in an attempt to stand his ground.

Todoroki mumbled something under his breath and then spoke up, looking Bakugo directly in the eyes."Kirishima Enjiro, Kaminari Denki, Ashido Mina, Aoyama Yuga." Bakugo's eyes started to widen as each name was called out."Koda Koji, Sato Rikido, Jiro Kyoka, Mineta Minoru, Sero Hanata. I've looked them all up, I know their pasts, and I know what makes them happy, angry, sad, and where their loyalty lies."

"They don't know about you being a Dragon Tamer, do they? They don't know why you really need to capture humans." Todoroki took a step forward, stroking the side of Bakugo's face and leaning towards him."I wonder what they would think if I told them that you made a contract with a dragon and every month you would take one of those poor humans that you've collected, and eat them," Todoroki whispered, smiling a bit when he saw Bakugo start to shiver."Or if you prefer it, I could just kill them."

"No!" Bakugo shouted almost desperately, his whole body quivering with tamed rage. Todoroki pulled away, looking at him in question."I'll do it, I'll form a bond with you."

Todoroki internally sighed in relief. If Bakugo hadn't agreed to that, he wouldn't have had anything else to threaten him with."Good choice," Todoroki said, taking the time to unbutton the cuff of his sleeve, rolling it up his arm so Bakugo would have access to his wrist.

"To form the bond each of us need to share each others blood, so I need you to open your neck to me, Bakugo," Todoroki said, waiting for Bakugo to do it himself. It was crucial that he didn't force him into anything during the forming of the bond or else it would break.

"So its gonna be that kind of bond," Bakugo mumbled to himself but otherwise complied, baring the right side of his neck for Todoroki.

He leaned in, tilting his head for better access while also moving his wrist over Bakugo's mouth. They both bit down at the same time, blood flowing into their mouths and down their throats. This went on for about a minute and once both of them let up, Todoroki said some quick incantations against Bakugo's neck to seal the bond.

For a few second there was silence, and then Bakugo screamed out, thrashing violently in pain. Todoroki also swayed a bit, trying to control his now weakened state. He looked to Bakugo who was on the verge of tears, slowing losing conscious and soon passing out, hanging off the wall like a dead man.

Todoroki let out a small cough, unlatching Bakugo's chains and watching him crumble on the floor. It was understandable that Bakugo fainted, many people at his end of the deal did because of the intensity of the bond.

Todoroki leaned down and tried not to fall, grabbing Bakugo's face in his hands. He was quite beautiful with a gruffness that only a warrior could have. Todoroki knew he made the right choice in picking Bakugo, surely he would lead them to victory.

Suddenly, Bakugo's teeth seemed to enlarge, straining against his gums and almost breaking the skin around his mouth. The large canines snapped at Todoroki, forcing him backwards. He looked into Bakugo's eyes and saw that his pupils had turned into slits, the sign of a dragon.

Todoroki hummed. So the dragon inside Bakugo had come to greet him, huh? By the looks of it, the dragon was pissed, probably not accepting of their newly formed bond. He had the eyes of a predator ready to devour his prey, and Todoroki would have none of it.

He stormed towards the dragon, slamming his hand against his mouth and producing ice to cover up the sharp teeth. Looking down at the dragon with distain, he let the ice continue down until it curled around his arms and legs, completely trapping him.

The dragon looked up at him with wide eyes, shivering from the cold."I don't care what you think of me but this human is mine now, which makes you mine. Don't even think about snapping back at me again, or I'll cut the hand that feeds you and then come for you next, understood?"

The dragon nodded so humanly that Todoroki almost questioned its race.

Almost.