3. Theories and Ed.

Ed and Darnell debate among themselves about why Purdy came to sit and talk with us at lunch. Ed is convinced, it is a joke or a social experiment, and he is now paranoid that there are cameras everywhere.

Darnell, however, is not convinced. He thinks Purdy likes me, which made Ed laugh until he couldn't breathe and I had to run to his locker to get his inhaler. Ed and Darnell are so unhealthy that I have invited them repeatedly to come workout with me at my gym. Just because I am a 'Nerd Boy' to quote Purdy, I still exercise but not at school. Darnell also thinks she might need help with some subjects, and I tend to agree with this theory. If she wants help, then why wouldn't she come to the three smartest boys in school?

"Do you ever wonder what happened to her when she was younger," Ed asks unexpectedly. We are now sitting quietly in the library playing chess well they are I'm catching up on poetry reading for English class, and I can never get the emotions right. And it's the only subject that is difficult for me, but I still persevere because it's challenging but also frustrating as hell.

"Well promise me you won't ask her, if she wants to tell you she will bring up the subject, okay buddy?" I tell him but try to be friendly at the same time. Ed tends to say things without thinking, he has Autism but is high functioning and unless he told you-you wouldn't know. People perceive him as a little weird, very honest and lacks an understanding of some social skills. Darnell and I have been friends with Ed since we were eleven; Ed's mum still can't believe the remarkable transformation he made within a year of hanging out with us. Ed's mum told us that because of us, she has a life outside Autism.

The door of the library suddenly opens, and in walks Purdy, now I am fantasising that she is stalking me. 'Catch a grip.' I tell myself.

"Mrs Waters!" she calls out a little anxiously, "are you ok?" There is a faint moan coming from the office and Purdy runs in and runs out a few moments later, she scans the room and spots me.

"Call an ambulance now," she shouts and runs out the door. Darnell is phoning, so I follow her when I open the library door I see she has run straight into the headmaster's office, both of them come running back into the library, and I hold the door open.

"Rosa, Rosa, are you ok?" he whispered, he turns to look at Purdy and asked, "What happened?"

"I had a message for her, heard a moan and when I found her on the ground, I quickly put her into the recovery position, shouted for someone to phone an ambulance and then I got you, Mr Waters. I panicked I wasn't sure if she just fainted or something more serious." She explained.

"No, Purdy thank you." Mr Waters said wiping tears from his cheeks.

"Ambulance is almost here, two minutes they were in the area," Darnell shouts from across the library. He is purposely staying with Ed, so he doesn't have a panic attack, and we end up needing to call his mum, it's been years since we had to that.

Then an idea occurred to me, and I rushed over and opened the emergency fire exit, the ambulance would arrive at the front of the school, and the paramedics would have to run a maze to get to the library.

So I ran out, turned left and around two corners of the building, the path leads me to the front of the school. When I get there I wave at the ambulance and signal them to follow me they drive their vehicle closer to the path, stop, and in no time they are running back to the library with me.

I head straight over to Ed and check he is ok, Darnell made him put his noise-cancelling headphones on and persuaded him to play a game on his phone, I nod my head at Darnell. He nods back with an understanding that that was a close one.

Short Chapter I know, finding feet and all that. Please show Purdy some love and click that vote button. Thanks In Advance.

Chapter three completed.