Chapter VIII: What?

-My dad? How? Why didn't he tell me?

-I guess he was keeping you safe, he says, a bit confused.

I'm so confused. Why does everybody I meet or knew need to keep me safe all the time? What so special about me that I need to keep it hidden?

-What are my powers?, I ask out of nowhere, I might as well ask, since it's pretty much the time to.

-I'm not entirely sure yet, that's why we need to train to figure them out.

-Train?! Where are we going to train if I'm not safe anywhere?

He looks at me with a small smile. Don't know why, but I have a feeling he's about to say something crazy.

-We need to go to the camp, he says. The only place where you can train in safety.

-Camp? What cam-

He grabs my arm, and all of a sudden, we're at a whole new place, a sort of a field, that I'm not really sure what it is. Did we just teleport?

-This is a training camp for people to discover their powers. There are a ton of types of powers here, like wizards, demi-gods, psychics, and a ton of others, we just need to figure yours out.

-I'd think that you'd know my powers are if you knew that I should be protected.

-But that's not the case. I can tell when there's somebody with any sort of ability. I just can't tell which power they are, he says. And the sort of 'energy' that you gave off, was quite strong.

We keep walking, stuck with an awkward silence.

-So, do I have to try them all out?

-Yep, he says.

I groan, because I'm not really into, y'know, training for anything.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We head to the wizards area first. It's not that I hate wizards, but I'm not very fond of them, because of all the dumb shows there are out there.

-We'll hopefully get through at least three, maybe for sites today. If we don't find your powers before then, that is. Which means we'll be here all day.

-How long are we gonna be here if I don't find it soon?

-To get through all of the areas of the camp.. Around a week.

-A WEEK?! Won't my family be worried abo-? Well, my step-brother, anyway.

-Don't worry, there's no perception of time here. It'll be like you were not even gone, he says, like the training is gonna be nothing!

-Okay.. Let's get started then.

I'm gonna make a fool out of myself in front of a ton of magical teenagers.. Can't wait.

We start the training with wands, like we should. I stand there, not knowing what to do with it.

-Does anybody know how to work this thing?

Jason walks over, and grabs the wand. As he explains it to me, and I figure out the point of the practice, I try and zap a target with the wand. And of course, I fail horribly. It didn't work.

-Well, this isn't your station then.. Off to the next one.

We start walking again, to the demi-gods. I have a feeling that this isn't my station either.

-At this station, you'll see if you have any type of god powers, like the Greek gods. It sort of explains itself, really.

-Yeah I doubt that this is my station. Can we go to the next one?, I ask.

-No. You have to go to every one of them. No exceptions.

Dang.

After I tried (but failed) to release any type of godly powers, we skip to the next area.. The psychics. Let's hope this is the one.

We finally get to the weird platform we have to stand on where the training takes place.

-What do we have to do?

-You need to find a way to actually access your psychic abilities. You need to clear your mind, Jason says. He walks off the platform.

-So I need to clear my mind.. To get to my mind?, I say.

-Exactly.

Okay, here we go.