Chapter IX: Psychic

As I start trying to see if I can clear my mind (which I can probably do easily, since I'm already pretty good at it).

All of a sudden, I feel as if something opened up in my mind. I snap out of the zone-out that I just experienced.

-What just happened? I hear something..

-It worked!, I hear Jason say. I was looking at him as he said that. His lips didn't move.. Did I just read his mind?

-Oh my god. Jason, it worked.

-Yes it did, a man with blonde hair says as he walks over. Congratulations, Ashlee-Mae Harrison, you've found your power.

Who is this guy exactly?

-Who are you? And how do you know my name?

-I'm Carter Collins, I own the camp. And as I can tell, you came here with Mr.Porter over there.

-Don't call me 'Mr.Porter' Collins!, he says furiously.

-Don't talk to me like that, Mr.Porter. Now back to work.

Jason walks away, moving his ginger hair out of his eyes, mumbling under his breath.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After a few hours of crazy training (but mostly trying to figure out what the heck I was doing) we finally got to leave.

-So, how was your first day?, he asks me.

-Confusing.. What was up with you and that Collins guy?

-We're not as close of friends as we used to be. Let's just leave it at that, he replies.

He seemed to be a bit mad after he answered. Better not make him even more furious with me. I'll have to ask what happened with them later.

We get back to his house, and as he said, no time had passed since we left.

-How does that time thing work anyway?, I ask to get the last topic out of my head.

-Don't know. You'd have to ask the Timelords. They're quite the lunatics if you ask me.

-Okay, I might do that tomorrow. And about that teleporting thing..

-Oh yeah, that.. Probably should have told you that I could do that when we got there. Or before, he says.

-Yeah, you should of.

I leave his house, and start to walk home, trying to think what could of happened between those two.