Chapter XXVII: The Town

*ASH'S POV*

-What? How- Oh well, at least we've got somewhere to take refuge, I say, somehow relieved. It just doesn't make sense.

We walk to the strange place, not sure what to expect of it. We look around the old-western style town, searching for anybody that could be there. Luckily, Jason finally notices somebody, sitting on their porch.

-Hello? Could you tell us where we are?, he asks the man, who then looks up from a newspaper he was skimming through.

-You don't know where you are? How could that be?

Jason looks around shyly, then replies,:

-It's.. It's a long story for another time.

The man puts the paper down, gets up from his lounge chair, and onto the dirt road. He signals us to follow him, without a reason.

-Excuse me, but where are you bringing us?, I ask, debating if we should trust him.

Here's a time where my abilities would help a lot. Here we go.. Please, work properly this time.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

'How would they not know where they are? What kind of weird thing could they have done'? I snap out of my daze, still walking with Jason, but he is now holding my hand.

-What happened? What were you trying to do? You nearly fell over, he whispers, seeming slightly angry with me.

-I might have been curious and wanted to go all psychic on the guy, okay?, I whisper back. I'm just worried if we should trust this place.. It's just too suspicious to me.

Then, the guy stops, and we arrive at a town square (I think so, anyways), which has very few people. Not too little an amount of people, but not a lot.

-Our town isn't very big, but it does good for us. Not many people have come here, but we find a way to make a living from what we've got without moving to a huge city, the man says, smiling.

-What city are you the most close to?, I ask.

He points to his left, and says,:

-Nashville. It's about 80 miles that way from here, if you need directions. Now.. How exactly did you get lost?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*JASON'S POV*

-Oh! Does it really matter?, I say, trying to keep from having to tell somebody about our powers for as long as possible.

-Well, yes, how else would I know what you folks need if you don't?, he replies as he goes to sit down on a bench near by.

We go over, discussing quietly if we should take a run for it. We sit down across from the guy.

I hope he doesn't believe us.

-Umm.. I've- No, we've got superhuman powers. The girl who's with me, was in trouble, and I helped her escape with me, to about 5 minutes from here.

I hope he doesn't believe us. He sits there, looking back and forth in between me and her, then he stops.

-So do we, he says, and suddenly, the whole town changes into a bigger field, with many of the students from the camp. One being the man, who is really a student a bit younger than Ash. He was able to manipulate people thoughts (those people being us), making them be able to see whatever the person thinks. A type of power a psychic could achieve with enough training.

Ash runs, seeming to be looking around for someone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*ASH'S POV*

If this whole thing was created by people who escaped Carter's takeover, and the fact that I didn't hear Myles's voice through the others'.. She might be here. I'm not sure, but it's worth a shot. I run around the field, dodging all of the people. I bump into somebody.

-Ow!, the person says, falling to the ground. I apologize, and go to pick up what she dropped. A pistol. I look up.

Myles!

-Oh my god.. I was looking for you!, I say, hugging her. How did you get away?

-Do you think I wouldn't have a plan?, she answers, looking around after I let go of her. I planned all of this before we went to California.

-But how did you have time to.. Never mind, I got it. Wait, how did you know it would have happened?, I ask her.

She looks at me with a smirk, then responds,:

-I can travel through time to anyone's timeline. I just didn't want to tell you in the hopes to not mess up yours too much. I've always got a mini transportation system with me for things like this.

She didn't tell us about it because it could have messed up time just a bit? I would rather that then to have have almost died.

-Okay, so.. what now? What do we have to keep us safe, exactly?