Chapter XVIII: Training Days

*ASH'S POV*

After finally getting the hang of my abilities, we move on.

-So, how are you liking the powers?, he says with a smile.

-They're AWESOME!

-Yep. Now, what do you want to try next? Since you've gotten the hang of keeping your mind clear?

-Umm.. I'm not sure, I say as I try and think.

I'm trying to remember the one thing that I wanted to do.

-Oh my god.. I remember now! I want to learn to fly, or whatever that involves me floating in any way. Does that sound dumb?

A pause happens for about a minute, then Jason perks up with a smile,:

-Let's do it, then! If you're ready for it.

-I am, I say, eager to start.

-GREAT! Let's start, he says as he's running around in super-speed, which surprised all of us, and makes a spot that I think would be floating space.

This is pure, unadulterated (I mean other than Jason being my trainer) awesomeness.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

-Okay, flying time. This is a big leap, but I'm sure you'll be fine, I say to myself in my mind to clear it a little bit once again.

Jason sets up a few chairs around me in case I fall, and then he just so happens to say in HIS mind,:

-Okay, this is a big gap in her training, but she's very strong. She can do it.

I pause, looking at him funny.

-You know I can hear everything you're thinking, right? What are you hiding from me?

-Right, right.. I'm gonna have to tell you later, he says as he turns away, sweeping the ground with a broom that Myles got him.

We start to train, and I do a routine clearing of my head, and then, as I try to start doing anything close flying,- WHOA. What did I just do?! All the chairs are in the air. I'm not even trying!

I look over at my friends and my brother, seeing their stunned faces, which are about the equivalent to how I feel right now.

-What. How did you do that?, Myles asks, completely blown out of her wits.

-I.. I have no clue, I say, terrified as I let the chairs fall. Jason?

-Yeah. That's what I need to talk to you about.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*JASON'S POV*

I might as well use my mind to tell her this one.

-Umm.. I don't know how to say this, but.. You're more powerful than most psychics. I mean, way more. Not to scare you, but your strength is legendary to some people.

-What do you mean by that?, she asks, answering me as I'm talking to her.

-That's mostly why Collins is out to get you. Well, for revenge, and your growing power.

I wait for a response. At my surprise, she answers verbally after talking telepathically for so long, only to say,:

-Well that's GREAT. Well, we might as well continue training. Let's fight until the end.