Chapter XXII: Time

*ASH'S POV*

Carter Collins. He beat us to the chase.

-WHAT hace you done with my family?!, I say practically screaming at him.

-Oh, nothing, he answers back with a sarcastic tone in his voice.

-You tell us what you've done or so help me.., Jason says angrily.

Then, he stands there looking back and forth between us. I'm not sure why.

-Fine. If you'll come in, please, he says as he leads us into the living room. To let you know, I haven't done anything.. Yet.

-What about the fact that you stole my step-brother out of his own room and making us come all the way to California so we could "talk"?

Jason grabs my hand, holding it to signal me to calm down a little.

-What will it take for you to let them go, Collins? We'll do almost anything, Jason says to him.

-Time.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*JASON'S POV*

What? I don't understand what he means by 'time'.

-Time?

-Yes. Give me time.

Time for what, exactly? He's making no sense whatsoever.

-Give YOU time?! For what? What would you need time for, anyways? You've already done enough!, she says.

I grab her shoulder, signalling her to calm down. After removing my hand, he proceeds,:

-To wait. I knew that you guys were training somewhere where I couldn't get to you, and I've been studying. So, to be even, I'll give you time to do research on me.

-Then what?

-You'll see.

All of a sudden, after a moment of terrifying silence, he grips her arm, disappearing with her, whirling the air around him, causing a mess around the room.

She's gone.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I call Myles immediately, telling her to hurry.

She arrives a few minutes later.

-What happened? Where's Ash?

-Gone. He grabbed her before I could react.. We need to find them. Fast.