Chapter XXVIII: Time's Up

*MYLES'S POV*

-Not sure.. We can't really do much else where we're at. Hey, could you pull another illusion for a while?, I yell to the guy from a few dozen feet away. He walks over with Jason, who doesn't look so surprised with me.

-I could try, I guess, but you can't be so sure that it'll work for long, since I had the last one going for a few hours, he says then walks away, leaving Jason behind with me and Ash.

He looks at me again, this time with a slight smile on his face. Then, as if it seemed like less then a second passed, he's hugging me.

-Myles, How'd you get away? I was right beside you when he caught us.., he asks, letting me go. I've gotten quite the amount of hugs today.

Then Ashlee looks at him, and after about a minute of awkward silence in between me and them, as I assume that this is her explaining it to him via telepathy (they've been doing that a lot), they exchange head movements, and look back at me. We talk for a while, sometimes yelling at each other, then decide to find everybody a place to hide, or at least take shelter, for as long of time as Carter's army can't find us.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*ASH'S POV*

A few minutes later, as we're arranging where everyone will be hiding, Jason suddenly stops, and looks straight at me with the frustrated, angry expression I've ever seen, plastered on his face.

-'Why did you accept his deal? I never had the chance to ask, but how could you have been such an IDIOT? Could you tell me why, even if the consequences were worse, that if you were thinking enough, you would have figured out how to get out of there before he came back to you again?'

-'Don't give me that talk again, Jason, you would have done the same thing if you were under pressure like that with so little control over the fact that a full-blown super villain wants you for the powers you haven't even fully controlled yet? Do you know what kind of things can go trough your head with the addition of others' overtop of your own? I don't think you do.', I reply, plopping to the ground, putting my head in between my knees.

Then, I hear him walk over to me. He kneels down next to me, and says,:

-I'm so, so sorry, Ash.. There were times I wish that I could have a chance, one, single chance to experience what goes on inside your mind, a psychic's mind, for just a day, I really do, but I can't. I'm one of the proudest people on Earth knowing that you've stayed your strongest during this whole thing, and even if it's not over yet.. We can do it. The war might be long, but we can fight it. Let's do this.

I look back up.

-Okay.

Suddenly, the ground starts rumbling, and everybody tries their bests to hide behind anything, and Jason grabs my arm, throws my on his back, and sprints somewhere to hide.

-We know you're here, everybody.. Time's up.

The sound of stomping feet get louder and louder. Is it finally starting? Will I, will WE, be ready?