Chapter X: A Rivalry Worth Remembering

The morning comes, and I look at the clock, it reads 11:24AM. Oh well, at least it's a Saturday.

I get up, get dressed, and do what I usually do in the morning on a weekend. All day, I was still thinking about my whole situation right now. Why did I have to have such a confusing life?

Let's hope that Jason is less mad about that question I asked yesterday, about his and Carter Collins. I should go visit him, see if he's okay.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*JASON'S POV*

Why did she have to ask me that last night? Now I'm gonna have to tell her soon, even though she could find out anyways.. With the psychic powers and everything. How great.

I have a feeling that she's coming over, I just know it.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

*ASH'S POV*

As I get to his doorstep, Jason comes outside, not very surprised to see me.

-What are you doing here?, he says as he opens the door.

-I wanna know why you and Collins don't like each other. I can tell that you don't really want to tell me.

-Dang it. Well.. Let's go inside first.

-Okay then.. I follow him inside, still confused why he doesn't want to be outside, it's so nice out.

We get to his room, and he sits down on the bed. I find the nearest seat, which go so happens to be a beanbag chair!

-So.. what's with-

-Me and Collins?, he answers.

-How did you know I was gonna ask that?

-It's routine for you now. You're always gonna end up asking when it comes to me keeping a secret.

-Yeah, yeah, I get it. Now tell me please!

-Okay, fine. We just sort of have a rivalry.. That's been going on for a long time, he says.

-How long?

-A few decades.

-DECADES?! How many?

-Enough of them.. Maybe 90, maybe 100.

-HOLY COW, MAN!! How old are you?

-Older than I look.. I'm immortal.

-Yeah, I figured that out after you said 90 decades..

Lucky son of a gun.

-So should we go back to the camp? To see if I have any other abilities?

-Sure, he says. It's the weekend anyways! Let's go.

He grabs my hand and off we go.