I'm Sorry Too

It was around 4am when Jughead finally convinced Eleanor to lay down on the bed and try to sleep – he thought, to himself, that maybe she would be able to sleep everything away, just like she washed away the blood in her hands. But Ellie wasn't sleeping nor getting better.

"You're still a good person." His voice was merely a whisper in the dark.

It was hard to understand if the Jughead had said to convince the blonde girl lying down next to him, or himself. His hands were brushing her long hair carefully, kissing a blonde lock after another with his bare fingers.

And Jughead Jones stood there, doing that exact same thing until dawn, until his fingers were almost bleeding. Even when the boy stood up and walked away from the room, Eleanor was still awake, wide eyes, terrified of herself.

It wasn't until the delicious smell embraced the whole trailer that Ellie sat up on the bed, and reached for her phone, seeing a one single call from Veronica, but neither from her Mom or Betty. Only when her checked out the text box that she saw a message had been sent from her phone to Alice Cooper – a simple "I'm at Jughead's, I'm gonna spend the day. Love you,".

"Thanks." Ellie walked into the kitchen, "For warning my Mom."

"If I hadn't, your face would be in every tv already." He joked, but it was still too early to laugh, too soon to forget, "Do you want some pancakes?"

"Ah," She leaned into the balcony, "sure."

While her bestfriend kept cooking them breakfeast, she unlocked her phone once again and clicked Archie's name, to send a text – but while writing, she wondered if her boyfriend, Riverdale's hero, would be too ashamed of her action, as much as she was.

"Here." Jughead placed two plates on the balcony, and gave the first bite on his, "It's good!"

Ellie gave up on sending the message and placed down her phone.

She took the fork into her mouth, "Hm, yeah it's good."

After the dark-haired boy's smile in her direction, things got weird. Things never got weird between them, it was always their safe spot, where they could be whoever they wanted.

"You're disappointed..."

"No..." He played with his food, something unusual, "I'm ok. Are you...?"

"Ok?" Eleanor waited for his nod to answer, "No. But we gotta accept the choices we make."

"Choices?" Jughead frowed, and angry flashed in his eyes for a second, "What choices? How did you even got into the Serpents?"

"When did you?" She pointed at the jacket a few steps away, "Were you gonna tell me?"

"I'm doing just fine, separating things." He replied, "Which is more than you are. Ellie, what you did was... It was bad."