Decapitated

"Well, don't you look pretty."

Veronica turned around, her smile fading away at the sight of Eleanor Cooper.

They hadn't spoke after the whole protesting thing at Pickens' Park, and that was part of the reason why Ellie had went all the way there. The manly reason was actually because Archie wasn't picking up his phone, and they hadn't talked properly in days.

"Well, don't you look like a Northsider today..." Veronica spat, with a tone only a Lodge could pull off, "How do you decide which skin to wear every day?"

"I'm sorry, ok? You can't be mad at me forever." She stepped forward, "We both know we had every right to be mad. The Serpents were being treated like puppets."

"That's none of our business." The raiven-haired girl stepped down from the little aisle, a sigh of defeat leaving her lips, "Why can't we just be normal teenage girls ever?"

"It is my business, I am a Serpent too, V."

"Can't you, when it involves me, be just my best friend?" Veronica titled her head to the side, "I need Eleanor Cooper."

Eleanor stepped closer to her friend, reaching for her hand with a smile, "I'm here."

"Well," She turned all the way around slowly, "do I really look pretty?"

"Definitely."

"It's for my confirmation." Veronica told her, "It usually happens when we are twelve or thirteen but... my parents wanted the same monsignor who baptized me... Monsignor Murphy. He's a friend of the family... to confirm me as well."

"Damn, it is a big deal." Eleanor replied, slightly overwhelmed.

"It is! Especially to my Mom and Dad. And, well, my whole family."

"They are all coming?" She was excited, "I can't to meet them."

"A lot are, yes." Veronica confirmed, "I can't wait for you guys to meet them too."

"Do you have like to... get ready or something?" Ellie wondered, "Besides the dress."

"I had to pick a sponsor. I asked my abuelita. And I have to perform charitable works. I'm volunteering at soup kitchen."

"Oh my god, I'm so doing that too."

"Amazing, we will do it together." Veronica smiled widely, "Just like old times!"

The door behind the two reconnected friends opened, a very busy and tired Archie Andrews walked in. He was heading for the office, but his eyes recognized a very familiar blonde girl standing in the middle of the room.

"Ellie,"

Veronica greeted, "Look if it isn't my Dad's new protégé."

"I didn't know you were coming." Archie approached his girlfriend, leaving a gentle kiss on her lips, "I really need to give this to Mr. Lodge."

"I was hoping we could talk." Eleanor reached out to him, "You weren't picking up your phone."

"I have been extra busy, but I will definitely meet you tonight." He told her, "Promise."

Archie turned his back on the two girls and walked inside Hiram's office.

Ellie didn't like it, not even a little bit. The fact that she had to share her boyfriend with Hiram Lodge out of all people. But they all both agreed to it, so she couldn't really change her mind now. She would have to trust that Archie was doing what was right.