I Believe In You

So that night, they made their way to the Hotel. It was a small party, that much was true but Nick St. Claire was also very handsome, but very annoying. Ellie spent the whole night rolling her eyes at his speeches, while everyone laughed at them. So she stood by Betty and Archie, worrying over her sister's features, cause something was definitely off.

"Is everything ok?"

"Everything's fine, E." Betty tried to smile, "Really."

"I hate it when you lie." She whispered, "He called you again."

By the look on her sister's face, she could see the truth right away. Of course he had, after all he had to have been too busy to call her own phone. And thinking that, Ellie's phone rang on her pocket, stopping her from continuing the conversation.

"I'll have to answer."

She excused herself, and walked out of the room, answering it.

"I did what you asked, now we are done."

"We're done when I say we are done, Ellie. Until then you're mine." He spoke, "So you let go of your parents, big first step. Do you want to choose the next or should I again?"

"No, I'll choose." She replied quickly, not wanting to let him have the power, "Reggie."

"Oh Ellie, you think you can outsmart me everytime, don't you?" The Black Hood told her, "I'll have to make you pay for that... again."

"No, I'll pick someone else."

"I allow you to pick and pick, and you keep doing the wrong choices." He warned, "I'll help you make the right ones. Now, I know you've been talking to Betty about mine and her conversations, am I right?"

"How do you know?" She swallowed.

"Not important, I just do. Now, seeing your sister's next sinner is Veronica, I'll let you help her take care of that."

"Veronica? Why would you give Betty her name?" Ellie whispered, "She's not a sinner, she's good. She doesn't have to pay for her family's mistakes."

"Is the reason behind your mercy towards her the fact that you see yourself as a sinner too?"

"I know I am." Eleanor confessed, sighing loudly at her own words.

"That's a step closer to redemption." He replied, "I'm only helping you admit things to yourself, it must get tired to use a mask all the time, doesn't it Ellie?"

The Black Hood didn't give her time to answer, he ended the call right away. She took a few seconds to composure herself before going back in, but when she did Nick St. Claire rushed to her side, with a known drug on his hand.