You Can't Be Both

PART 1

"How could you do this to us?"

"Polly asked for our help." Betty explained.

"To run away? And you agreed?" Alice replied, angry.

"We know where she is!" Ellie gestured, "Which is more than Betty and I did last time. So yes, sorry, if we, as worried sisters, thought she would be safer away from this psychopath."

"We're her parents! Your parents! Do you really think that secures her safety?!"

Betty took her sister's side, "Polly was scared,"

"And you don't think that I am? I'm terrified!" Alice stood up, tears already threathning to fall, "Everytime you two walk out that door, everytime I call you and you don't pick up the phone, everyone you" She pointed at Ellie, "wonder to god knows where in the middle of the night, my heart stops! But how am I supposed to protect you, girls? Right, when you go and do this? And then you try to make me the monster!!"

Both blondes jumped a little, when their mother's fist hit the wooden table.

Eleanor looked down at her hands, because her mother was right. After all, a parent's love for their children compares to nothing in the world. It knows no law, it dares everything and takes down everything that stands in their way.

"Have you seen it?"

"What exactly?" Ellie frowed, slowing her steps.

Betty looked to her side, "Archie's video, the red circle...?"

"Yeah," She tried to hide her smile, "fire with fire, right?"

"What?" Her sister stopped abruptly, in the middle of the school's hallway, "Are you even listening to yourself? This red circle thing is gonna get them killed."

"Or... is gonna help catch the black hood. Which is what we want."

"We? Who is we? You and Archie against the world?" Betty replied, anger showing.

Eleanor tried to explain herself, "I'm just trying to help him with –."

"No! You're just doing this because you don't know how to say no!" Her sister gestured, "You never knew!"

"Ok, are being like this cause you're worried or just because you're too jealous?!" When Betty responded with a confused face, the blonde continued, "Because Archie and I actually are supportive of each other and you and Jughead can't?"

"That's not..." Betty sighed, tired, running her hands through her ponytail, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine..." Ellie gave her half a smile, "Just go fix it."

"I've gotta go... to Blue and Gold." Her sister excused herself, "I'll see you later."

"Bye..."