Chapter 21 - Alice's Party Planning Addiction

Edward's POV

A couple of weeks went by and Mike was living in hell. Yet he still came to my class happy as can be and ready to do whatever I told him to do. There was nothing I could make him do that was going to tear him down which was very strange. Why hadn't he given up already?

We needed to do something because this was taking too long. Maybe if we got him caught with drugs in his system...Jasper had been trying really hard to manipulate Mike's emotions when he could. Since he could only do it when he was close to Mike he didn't get the chance very often and sometimes it would backfire and everyone started to feel paranoid. So Mike was mostly feeling normal...unless you heard his thoughts.

They were relatively the same as before, about how he hated me and my family, how much he still loved Bella and how hot the new French teacher was. He was also apparently planning some sort of plan to take us down but I knew that wasn't going to work.

I think Mike coming to my class everyday acting sweet as can be was part of his plan. And while it does annoy me, it's not enough to make me snap. He was going to have to try a lot harder than that to take me down.

Emmett suggested that we should give Mike stronger drugs with really bad side effects or something. It was a huge risk considering we shouldn't really be drugging him in the first place but we decided to give it a shot.

We were waiting for class to start and Mike showed up early. He had been coming to class earlier and earlier – probably trying to escape Alice and Rosalie who were still fighting over him. He took a seat and Emmett handed Bella a bag.

She still didn't want to be involved in our plan but this time we begged to her to. There was no way that Mike was going to take drugs from either one of us so Bella was our best bet. She reluctantly agreed after I promised her I'd take her on a tour through the woods up in the trees.

"Hey Mike," Bella smiled cheerfully.

"Hi Bella," Mike mumbled. The only thing the drugs we were giving him now were doing were making him feel a little bit sleepy. He seemed to be able to fight it off well for the most part.

"You look really down. Do you want some 'uppers'?"

"What like the drug?"

"Yeah they have loads in the evidence locker at the police station and I managed to get some. Want one?"

"Didn't take you for the druggie type Bella. Although hanging out with Cullen I'm not surprised you need something like that. So...can I only get one? What's the limit?"

"I don't know...my cousin had like five one time and was totally out of it. But I don't know if it was the drugs or because of something else he was on."

"Gimmie three."

Bella handed him the capsules and Mike put them in his mouth and swallowed. This better do something to bring up my mood. The school want me to see a therapist about depression. And I hate talking about my feelings. Mike thought. Too bad he didn't know the real effect of these drugs. Soon he was going to start telling his deepest darkest secrets to the class...

Halfway through the lesson Mike had begun talking about this awesome party that Emmett and Bella convinced him he should have. They told him before class it had to be better than the one he had a few weeks ago. They also told him that he should take full credit for it so he could become popular again. The party is where we were going to have Mike taken down. Alice had already seen what would happen if Mike went through with the party and it seemed like the perfect way to go.