Chapter 31 - And the Winner Is...

"Hey," Bella whispered and kissed my check.

"Oh, hey you're awake." I smiled. "Why? It's 5 a.m."

"Because I can't sleep."

"Are you too cold? Maybe you should put pyjamas on..." I started to get up.

"That's cute but I'm fine as I am. It's not that I'm too cold, I just can't sleep." Bella put her hand on my chest to stop me from getting up.

"Okay, well you could help me think of something to teach the class today?"

"Yeah, sure have you go any ideas yet?"

"Nope. I don't really want to teach something heavy on the last day but I feel like I should try and teach them something before they leave. Not that I've ever taught anything valuable before."

"That's not true! I learnt how to Facebook stalk very effectively."

I laughed. "Well, I didn't really have to teach that. That's something everyone knows how to do."

"I guess but you have a good class and a fuck-hot teacher that the girls have inappropriate thoughts about."

God she looked sexy but I was too thirsty to allow myself to think too much about that. All this time I had been good at being normal – as normal as a vampire can be – but my thirst hasn't been a problem until now. Yesterday before we went to dinner with Bella and Chief Swan; Esme forced us all to go hunting but I didn't because I was being stubborn and thought I would be fine. If only I had listened to my fake-mom, I wouldn't be struggling to not tear my girlfriend's throat out right now.

Maybe then I would have been able to tease her and do unspeakable things to her as she lay there in her matching lacey underwear set...I had to stop myself. This was not the time.

"You're one to talk, I have some fuck-hot students too. And I'm pretty sure the thoughts I have about them can't be legal." I swallowed hard, the venom burning in my throat.

"Are you okay?" I'm glad Bella could see I was struggling and didn't continue to tease me because I was not in the mood to begin talking about whether I had a secret crush on Jessica or not.

"Yeah, I'm just thirsty that's all."

"Oh, do you want water or something because I ca-" Bella stopped. "Oh."

"Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, I know."

"Are you gonna leave to hunt?" I could hear the sadness in her voice at the thought of me leaving her. I didn't want to but I knew it was better to get out now than suffer for much longer. It was never good to tempt myself like this. Especially because I just made a whole speech about loving Bella to her father so if I accidentally killed her – well, that wouldn't be good for anyone.

"I think I might have to, this is not the time to go on a blood-fuelled rampage around Forks High."

"That could be a cool horror movie. Plus, I have a few names in mind if you wanted to take out some people – though I suppose that wouldn't be ideal."

"Don't tempt me." I smiled. "I'm still really sorry that I have to leave you alone when I don't want to but I need to hunt."

"Then leave me at your house. I'm awake now. Besides I need Alice to help me pick an outfit. Might as well end the school year looking super-hot and stylish."

"Okay, you get dressed quickly and tell Charlie that you're leaving, I just heard him get up. I'm gonna run back home and come back with my car. Deal?"