Chapter 4- Awkward

Error's POV

All I could think about was how horribly this week would go. First period was a wreck, so it's not like Ink is going to talk to me very much.
I don't want to do this either, though, so we don't really have a choice.
When the teacher told to meet up with our partners, Ink just slowly got up and walked over to my desk. His face was blank, and so was mine. I just kinda stared at him. His expression faltered slightly, and he spoke.
"Are you gonna talk first, or-"
"Listen up, shorty," I said, interrupting him. "I don't wanna be here, and I'm guessing you don't either, so the fact that we're partners doesn't change anything. I'm not going to talk to you. Heck, I don't give a single shit about my grade in the first place!" His frown faltered when I had cursed. "What, Are you a little goodie two shoes as well?" I laughed. "Well get used to it, nice guy, 'cuz I'm not stopping here."
He looked down at his shoes, silent. He still hadn't said a single word.
But I couldn't give two shits about what he was feeling right at the moment.
Instead, I pulled up a chair.
"Now if you really want to do this," I said, sighing. "Then I suppose we should get started." He took a seat, fiddling with his fingers, obviously nervous and terrified.
I sighed again.
Just once, Error.
"I know this is going to sound really strange coming from me," I said, looking right at Ink. "But I've got no clue what to do first. Do you have any idea where to start?"
He looked at me with total surprise.
"Oh, um..." He started, so quiet I could barely hear him. "I've... um... I've got a few ideas..."
As he went on, I couldn't believe that I listened. He was so quiet, I could barely hear him whether or not the class was loud.
At the bell, though, he had shared most of his ideas and was mostly talking normally to me, and I was mainly doing the same. I wasn't interested in that crap, but at least he wasn't completely terrified of me anymore.
I didn't know if I was supposed to be happy or angry about that.

Ink's POV

"I know this is going to sound really strange coming from me," he said. "But I've got no clue what to do first. Do you have any idea where to start?"
I looked at him in complete shock. Error was asking... for my help?
"Oh, um..." I said quietly. "I've... um... I've got a few ideas..."
And I told him all the ideas I had about the project. He looked bored in the beginning, but he seemed to gradually get used to talking to me. I started to speak up, and by the end of the class, most of my ideas were jotted down on a piece of paper.
"It's actually fairly easy, if you ask me," I said, pointing at all of the ideas I came up with. He looked at them in surprise. "Ya think so? Hmm..." He thought for a second. "Hey, Ink?" He said quickly, looking at me. It took me a second to answer him, because my thoughts were buzzing.
He said my name!
"Yeah?" I replied.
He looked down at the paper. " I don't really understand this. Where do you think I could search it up?"
His dull monotone voice while asking the question kinda ruined the thought, but I still answered it, internally laughing sympathetically for myself.
"Hmmm..." I thought for a second. "I'm sure you could just look it up on your computer, but maybe if we headed to the library, we could find out more about it. Again, I don't know everything about that either, but it was an idea." The project was on monster history, and I knew the library would definitely be a better help.
"Oh, okay," he said, looking over the rest of the stuff.
Nows my chance!
I have to know!
But it can't be right away!
....
That's it!
"Think we could head to the library during our free period?" I asked him, hoping. He looked a me blankly.
"Fell and I normally hang out then." He answered, as if I should have known.
I knew I should have.
Dang it. I forgot about Fell.
"Can he... come with? I wouldn't mind!" I continue
He seemed to stop and think. Then he looked at me blankly. I got anxious, so I blurted out, "Dream and Blue will be there too!" And waited nervously for his reply.
He looked me square in the eye and answered with his dead-sounding voice.
"Fine."

I find it strange that I've got some random parts of the story figured out, but not this part.
It's very frustrating.
But finally, the fourth chapter!
Also: This piece of chapter art was made by me! (You can tell because it looks absolutely horrible) But yea!

~The Author