Chapter 42

Breathing laboriously I headed towards the kitchen while brushing a white strand of hair out of my face. It had been a week since everyone left again. As the easter holidays were over, the children had to go to school again and their parents had to go to work.

I used to enjoy when I had time for myself again, but now, when I was too old to go to work, my life has become dreary and lonely these times.

Every day I would sit next to the window from where I had a perfect view to the old tree that carries so many memories. All day I would just sit there with knitting needles in my hand, while staring at the white blossoms and waited for them to fall down one after the other.

The tree had lost its power over the years to carry all the fruits that would grow out of the blossoms.

It had grown old.

My heavy feet slowly took little steps, with every movement I could feel a stinging pain in my back.

I had grown old too.

Due to the pain I closed my eyes when I finally reached the table to which I held onto.

And standing there seeing nothing but black, the laughter and the sweet smell of cake of the party suddenly appeared in my mind. Oh how the children had laughed at my jokes, oh how lively the many conversations had been. I already looked forward to next years easter party, even if I wasn't sure if I would celebrate it on earth or in heaven.

Heaven.

What a place.

Everywhere you go reigns peace and love.

Finally being without pain and suffering.

Seeing them all again. My parents. My siblings. Bo.

Xiumin.

My view was blurred from tears when I glanced at the golden ring on my finger. I could still feel Xiumins careful touch when he put it on my hand.

As my sight went clear again I noticed a small piece of paper laying on the table. Someone must have put it here.

Curiously I folded the paper open and noticed how another paper fell out of it and landed on the table. Sceptically I gazed at it and found out what was laying in front of me.

Tickets.

I gasped slightly when I read what was written on them.

Departure: 12:00, 17th of April
Destination: Ngurah Rai International Airport, Bali

In shock I pressed both of my hands onto my mouth. I couldn't believe what was happening to me. Was I just given the oppurtunity to see the probably most important people in my life? Or at least their grave...

...but who would?

When I slowly took the other paper into my hands again and folded it open, I immediately recognized Eddy's scrawly handwriting. A tear of mine dropped onto it while reading the letters.

 A tear of mine dropped onto it while reading the letters

"Thankyou so much..", I whispered under tears and pressed the paper onto my chest like it was the most treasured thing I had.

"You are the strongest person we know."

Be strong for once you old woman, I hissed to myself and got up from the chair.

I had to hurry right?
It was the 16th of April after all.

~~~
Uuh grandma on tour ^^
Sry for no updates last week ><
I'll try to update every week from now on ^~^
~~~