Chapt. 3 Pt. 1: Seduction is a Sales Tactic

My stomach growled loudly for the third time since I've been at the mall today.

"Uhhhhggg, I'm so hungry I could eat a whole cow by myself." I groan. Grace gives me a weak smile.

"I'm so hungry I could eat two." She whines, rubbing her stomach. Jordan groans into her crossed arms, her face parallel with the table.

"I'm so hungry I could eat a whole herd!!" She chimes in. We were all at the mall food court, waiting for Simone to arrive so we could eat then shop. I don't know why I decided to come because I hate shopping.

I pull my phone out of my back pocket. 3:36.

"Did either of you text her yet?" I ask.

"I did, like ten minutes ago. She still hasn't responded." Grace says. Jordan drops her head back down.

"I think I'm gonna crrrrryyyyy!!!" Jordan whines onto the table top.

"Wait I think I see her!!" Grace blurts, looking excitedly towards the mall's entrance. Jordan whips her head up and desperately scans the mall for Simone.

"What?! Really? Wher-ooooohh!! I see her too!! Hallelujah!!" She shouts. "...oh," she adds, then casts me a weary look. "...and, company." Grace gives Jordan a confused look, then glances back at where Simone supposedly is.

"oh." She says, and looks back at me with that same pitiful look in her eyes. I cringe. I don't know what it is about pity, but when people feel bad for me or apologize to me for something that wasn't their fault, it just gets under my skin and irritates me beyond understanding.

I crane my neck over Grace's head, curiously searching for what's got everyone so worried, but all I see his Simone heading this way and-

Oh.

Lets just say that if Hitler himself walked along side Simone I would have been less aggravated. "Dang it," I mumble under my breath, just before they arrive at our table.

"Hey guys," Simone starts, sounding slightly breathless. " Sorry I'm so late. I would've been here sooner if Bridge here didn't need full freaking hours to do her makeup." She comments playfully, then elbows Bridget. Bridget rolls her eyes and smiles.

"Hey, cut me some slack! It takes work to look this good, guys." She jokes, making everyone laugh except me. I wanted to tell her that next time she should turn the light on before she did her makeup. " I hope you guys weren't waiting too long."

"Hey um, Simone? Why didn't you tell us that Bridget would be accompanying us too?" I question using my sweetest, most polite voice. I was cheesing so hard I thought my teeth were going to shatter.

"....uh, guess it slipped my mind?" She says nonchalantly, then jumps to a different subject like she didn't just bring the she-devil herself to a public place. "So who's hungry?"

After we all got what we wanted from different stations of the food court, we came back to our table. The Chinese food infront of me smells heavenly. I love Chinese food, but since both my mom and Jeni hate it, I hardly ever have it.

"Oh my god I'm so hungry I could eat a cow." Bridget comments while looking at her salad greedily, a little late on the whole 'eat a cow' craze. If she was that hungry why didn't she get an actual burger instead of that container of dead plants? Wait, oh yeah she couldn't do that.

"If Bridget ate a cow that'd be like- cannibolism." I say under my breath, just loud enough so Jordan can hear me. Jordan starts to cough hysterically. I cover my mouth to keep from cracking up as she frantically grabs at her Fanta, taking multiple desperate gulps through the straw.