-4- Hours Left

Date: October 20, 7805

---

"Paladins, Galra activity! Get here in 300 ticks! Prepare for any attacks!"

Katie quickly woke up with the shrill voice of Allura. She was confused as to where she was before turning pink at the realization. The girl sat up from the bed and swung her legs over to see him putting on his monochrome armor. She smiled and decided she should put on her armor.

As she finished slipping into the green outfit she glanced at him and caught him looking at her, his smile was almost dream like. She blushed, how could he feel such emotions for some messy, geeky, gal. They walked out holding hands before letting go as they heard footsteps coming closer.

Lance, Keith, and Hunk smiled in different forms at their friends. Pidge smiled back, their communication was silent but they often shared bits of emotions to each other before they fought. It was code for 'it's an honor to fight by your side'. They just adapted to saying it because every battle could be their last. A heartwarming gesture in her opinion.

Three years into the war and many things had changed, appearance and emotional wise.

Lance, their sharpshooter, was always assured of his importance. After he confessed about his insecurities as a member, the team made sure to uplift his self esteem. It almost seemed as if the lions took Lance's emotions into consideration as well since the next morning after the confession they found Lance speaking to the Blue Lion. A small letdown for Allura but she agreed that the two should be together while she was better off in the castle with Coran.

Hunk continued to uphold his hardworking status and his attempts to make the green goo taste better were in progress. His hair was put up into a small bun with his orange headband and he made sure to regularly visit Shay and her family. His pure heart and constant caring lead to him being a good shoulder to cry on and a great listener to rant to, he made no complains and paid great attention to his words and actions.

Keith's hair grew out of a mullet and into a small ponytail with a red hair tie. He was hardened by the war, just as the others had been. His diligent search for his mother continued despite the several dead ends. The Red Paladin had retired from his place with the Blade of Marmora after the Red Lion had called for him. He knew he belonged with the team and began to open up to them bit by bit, but that was progress nonetheless.

The Golden Boy of the Garrison continued to be the leader of Voltron, no one questioning his authority. Shiro's clean hairstyle had long been replaced, with the white tuft of hair growing just a bit longer. Enough to mend into the rest of his raven locks and create a ruffled mop of black and white hair. The single scar bolted over his face, but if you saw the damage underneath the layers of literal and figurative armor you would see stories made of littered pink, permanent cuts.

Then there was Katie, she had grown up. Not height-wise but in different ways. Her short, choppy locks had grown lusciously like a waterfall of honey. A modestly sized chest had finally appeared to her embarrassment but also prided herself in privacy. She remained intelligent and continuously pushed herself to find out what 'limits' mean to her. All her projects had their ups and downs, between fighting and advertising she allowed herself to experiment science between worlds. The young adult was succeeding in every curriculum life could offer.

Oh, and she was seeing Takashi Shirogane.