[14]

Gaius and Arthur wouldn't stop talking about what had happened, Merlin felt his head begin to explode from remembering and repeating himself, answering the many questions they would fire at him. He couldn't help but feel like he would snap the next person to ask him anything in half and he could only hope it wasn't going to be Arthur, as he could see the King not particularly liking his servants outburst.

Merlin had disliked Arthur from the moment he'd seen him teasing that boy, he was egotistical, arrogant and selfish and the kings son. However as he slowly got to know Arthur he could sence the hope for the future Merlin needed. From all the bad times he'd seen and all the traumatic things to come he realised he needed Arthur's hope as he was clinging dangerously to his own hope which seemed to crumble down as every day swept on by. Just being near Arthur made him able to latch on to his hope and note down how it felt to live with fearlessness and yet blindness. Merlin knew how guileless and naive Arthur could be sometimes yet he loved that about him.

Arthur truly put his heart into the safety of Camelot and Merlin understood how it felt to believe it was your duty to die for something. Arthur's heart was full of kindness, even if he could not bare to show it, it was visible if you got close enough to him, a bright golden glow like the sun. Arthur meant alot to Merlin, and Merlin meant alot to Arthur although they could never admit it, but it was clear and too hard to hide.