[36]

Gently Arthur pulled his lips away from Merlin, his eyes slowly open, sparkling wildly. Merlin too opened his sapphire eyes, strings of amber light bouncing into them.

The pictures revealing all Merlin's pain and secrets dissolved into the oxygen, they felt themselves falling towards the wooden ground. Everything seemed to have become a dream, Merlin's eyes were like fireflies, lighting up inside a glass case. He loved Arthur. Arthur loved Merlin.

"Merlin?" Gaius asked, crouching down beside the unconscious Merlin.

Merlin's eyes peeled open, light from many candles blinding him. Images of the kiss flooded joyfully back to him.

"Gaius!" Merlin yelled, his face stained with a grin.

"Merlin, I'm sorry," Gaius murmerd, his eyes dropping to the ground.

"What?"

Gaius helped Merlin carefully up to his feet, he noticed Arthur sitting upon the rustic wooden bench.

"Merlin!" Arthur exclaimed, the blank look on his face gone and a smile seeped into his face. "Finally someone to polish my amour!"

"He lost his memory," Gaius whispered solemnly into his ear.

Merlin stared at Arthur, he swung his legs in a child like manner as Gaius spoke to him, tears welled up in his eyes, masking over his ocean blue iris.

Merlin knew how Arthur felt bout him now, he could change everything again, kiss Arthur, everything would be perfect.

Gwen burst into the room in a state of panic, "Merlin, Arthur! I was so worried!" She shrieked, kissing Arthur firmly on his lips.

And that was it: Merlin couldn't, he couldn't kiss Arthur, he couldn't tell him about his magic, or his feelings, or anything.

Merlin smiled slightly at the sight of Arthur and Gwen, they were so perfect despite everything.