The Final Chapter ↠ {17}

30 days until the wedding.

Wednesday.

"Do you, Gabriella, take Colby to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

"I do."

"Do you, Colby, take Gabriella to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?"

Seth took a deep breath and then let it out. "I..." Seth said. "I d...I don't!"

"What? Seth, what are you doing?" I asked as the tears in my eyes were practically screaming to come out.

"I'm sorry, Gabi. I can't do this. Every single time I look at you, I think about how YOU SLEPT WITH THAT BASTARD, PJ!" Seth yelled out the last part.

My heart started racing. I couldn't believed this was actually happening. What I feared the most was happening. It had to be the Authority. They've gotten to him before, I'm sure they did again.

Seth tried to walk away but I grabbed onto his hand, stopping him in the process. "Seth! Please don't." I begged.

Seth forcefully removed his hand. He looked me into the eye and started to laugh. His laugh sounded so evil as I felt my heart get ripped into shreds.
I immediately fell into a deep pool of tears as Bayley and Sasha held onto me tightly.

"Gabi! Gabi!" I heard Seth's voice call out as my body was shaking. I opened my eyes and saw Seth staring at me with a concerned look on his face.

"It was all just a dream." I mumbled.

"Yeah it was. A very bad one apparently." He said.

"How'd you know?" I asked, still in shock from the dream.

"Because you were crying." Seth replied as he wiped the remaining tears from my face. "What was it about?"

"You sure you wanna hear it?" I asked and Seth nodded. After a brief moment of silence, I finally spoke up. "You rejected me at our wedding. You left me at the altar."

Seth was in disbelief. He placed a hand over his mouth and tried to process what I had just told him. "What? Why would I do that?" He asked.

"Because of what happened two years ago." I whispered.

Seth gently brushed my cheek with his thumb. He then leaned forward and kissed me. He pulled away after a few seconds and looked me in the eye. "I told you, that's in the past. It's not gonna change what I feel for you." He said and reconnected our lips.

We pulled away and I smiled at him. "We should get some sleep." I told him and he nodded. I turned around so that my back could face him. He wrapped his hand around me and intertwined our fingers. We then closed our eyes and called it a night.

**********

29 days until the wedding.