Chapter 33: Mother

Jen's Pov:

It's been a week since the trial, I am heading back to LA for five days to finish up one of my projects. This time I am bringing Lorelei, she's been a little down lately and this will give me time to talk with her. Plus she is super excited to see me as a director, and be a LA girl for a little while. Lorelei and I pack our bags and get ready to leave. Ainsley jumps in my arms

"Mommy, why do you always have to go away?" Ainsley asks me and my heart breaks, this is the worst part of my job.

"I'm only going to be gone for a week this time, and you have Kyle and Eli to keep you company"

"You mean daddy"

I smile and hug her "Yes, your dad"

Kyle kisses me and hugs Lorelei, then we head off to the airport. We take our seats on the plane and get comfortable for the flight. Lorelei puts ear buds in and I take out a book. About halfway through the flight Lorelei turns to me and asks

"Why did you take me?"

"Hmm" I question

"I mean, you have to work and usually you go alone. Why did you just bring me and not everyone else?" She asks a little bit confused and upset

"Cause I wanted to spend time with you"

"You aren't trying to sell me on your relationship right? I am very happy that you and my dad are getting married"

"No, I know you're okay with us. I wouldn't have agreed to marry your father if you weren't okay with it. I guess, I just really wanted to cheer you up"

"Cheer me up?"

"Look I'm not blind, I know that you have been hurting ever since that day Annie left"

Lorelei looks in her lap and fidgets with her hands "how do you know that"

"Well for starters you aren't your usual sarcastic and joking self. Also I remember what it's like to be young and in love. And not being able to be with someone is difficult"

"So you brought me on this trip out of pity"

"No no of course not, I brought you because I love you. The only thing that makes me feel better after a breakup is spending time with my girlfriends. You have yet to introduce me to any other of your friends so you have to spend time with me and my friends"

Lorelei grabs my hand "I don't have any other true friends. But umm thank you, no one has ever been able to tell what I was feeling before"

"Your Dad does notice, but he doesn't know how to talk about your feelings with you, especially about girls"

"Yeah, we aren't great at that" she laughs

"Opening up is hard, but you know you can talk to me at anytime."

"I know, thank you"

I smile at her "So let's just have fun on this mini vacation. I booked hair appointments for us when we get there, then we are going to the women of Hollywood event"

"Is that like a LA party with a red carpet and everything?"

I smile at her "yep! People will give speeches about the power of women in Hollywood. It's a wonderful event"

"So do I need makeup and a dress and stuff?"

"Well my hairdresser can do our makeup too, he's been my friend for a long time. Actually I am going to dye my hair red"

"Really! That would look amazing, did you tell my dad"

I chuckle "no, but I think he'll like it"