Nisaka needs help (lol)

After that day, you stopped bothering Nisaka and just let him decide what to do. You never really talked to him... or anyone much anymore and you could feel him fade away inside you. But that's good. Less emotions, less hurt.

By now, it's already near the end of the school year and you along with your classmates are preparing for a play. Specifically, Romeo and Juliet.

You stand among the crowd consisting of your classmates, watching as Takasaki and Nisaka practice their lines; Nisaka being Juliet and Takasaki being Romeo.

As their mouths move, you could see their passionate feelings for their roles. Well, maybe not Nisaka, but who could blame him? Being a girl instead of a boy was embarrassing. Besides, he was forced to do this against his will. But you smile anyways as he speaks confidently with his female partner.

"Nisaka! Say it more passionately! I want to hear your love flowing out of your mouth!" Takasaki's chubby friend instructs the purple haired boy, making him groan in annoyance.

"Fine fine." He sighs and the girl starts them over from the beginning.

★☆★☆

Again, you're put in the same spot as you were near the beginning of when you first met Nisaka. He's walking behind you as you both are going back to your homes. Silence wraps around you two like a thick and heavy blanket, tightening continuously and making it hard to breathe as you guys conti-

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything. I just wanted to let you know that I could handle things by myself."

"I know."

Although the conversation was short and simple, the silence seemed to slowly creep away.

"...Then why aren't you talking?" Nisaka asked, his tone sounding a bit annoyed yet shy.

"Don't you already know?" You ask as your walking pace slows down.

"I guess I do." He sighs a bit.
"L/N."

"Yes?" You finally stop walking and turn around to face him.

"。。。Should I- Should I... can you tell me what to do?"

"Uh, I'm guessing you're talking about Nejima-kun and Takasaki-san? And his assigned wife?" You watch as he stops walking when he's three feet away from you.

"Yeah. I... don't know what to do." He sighs helplessly.

"Do you think it can work?" You ask softly.

"Us two?" He questions bitterly. "—No."

"*sighs* I don't know why you're asking me, but I guess I'll just tell you the truth. Nisaka-san, if you already know that Nejima is not interested in you, what's the only option left?"

"..."

"Have a good day, Nisaka-san." You turn around again and leave. Jesus, he was making you feel a strong surge of pity for him. You begin to run after a few feet of walking as to not go back to him to check if he was okay.

A/N:
Sorry I wasn't able to post last week...;-; no excuses from me but I hope you will forgive lol