Chapter 20

Kaylee's POV

I woke up and instantly remembered that I get out today, and smiled at the thought. I turned on the tv and ate the hospital food they call 'breakfast'.

"How ya feeling kay?" I heard jean say from over near the door.

"I mean, I can't wait to get real food soon." She laughed at my joke and nodded. "But I really don't want to wear crutches." I said while groaning.

"Uh hun. You use crutches, not wear them." She said walking over to my bed and taking the tray with garbage from me.

"Oops." I said.

"Are you gonna change?" She asked while walking towards the doors.

"I don't have any good clothes." I said, leaning back into the bed.

"Well that lovely boy of yours, Hayes, left you some clothes to change into on the couch." She said referring to the couch right in front of the bed.

"Okay. Thanks." I said smiling at her. She turned around and started to walk out the door. "Wait! How do I change?" I asked since I didn't have crutches or anyone to help.

"Well, Hayes is in the waiting room, do you want me to get him?" She asked unsure. I nodded my head and waited for Hayes to walk through the door.

"Alright! I'm here!" Hayes said making a superman pose.

"My hero!" I said while dramatically putting my hand over my heart.

"Yeah, yeah. Need help changing I see?" Hayes said smirking at me.

"You boys and your dirty minds." I said rolling my eyes.

"I just need help getting to the bathroom." I said. Hayes rushed over to the side of the bed and tried swooping me up into a bridal style thing in his arms.

"Ouch." I hissed in pain of my leg.

"Oh sorry babe. Wanna just hop?" He asked me while smiling.

"Yeah. Whatever works." I said getting up on my one leg. It felt weird to walk at first but I soon got used to it.

Once we made it to the bathroom, Hayes handed me my pile of clothes and I kissed his cheek in return.

I closed the bathroom door and hopped over to the toilet. I put the lid down and laid my pile on top of it.

I changed into black jean shorts, white sports bra, Grier hoodie I always wear, and white vans. Don't ask me how I got my shoes on, cause I have absolutely no clue.

I grabbed my black, California republic, beanie off of the toilet and saw a note fall out of the hat.

Dear Kay,

I just wanted to say that I love you with all my heart, and words can't describe how much It hurts to see you like this. I love you, I love you. I love you more than from the moon and back because my love has no distance, it is an infinite number of miles that will never end. Wow, I should become a poet, shouldn't I? I guess I couldn't say this in person because you always make me so nervous, and I don't even know why. You drive me crazy, but in all the good ways. You make me high on love, not drugs.

You're absolutely beautiful, no words could describe it. Everywhere I look I see girls, sure their are some pretty girls, but nobody compares to you in my world. You're super funny, I don't know how I would live without your sense of humor. It's also fun to know I can act like my total self, yet you still love me for just being me. It's because you get me, and I will protect you as best as I can. I promise.