Chapter 35

Hayes' POV

I knew Kaylee was hiding something, she may be a good actor, but I know her almost too well to be able to catch on to when she is lying.

"Yeah I'm sure that's it." She said not looking me directly in the eye like she usually does and fiddling with her jean shorts. That's what she usually does when she is nervous.

She then turned around and walked towards the elevators. I looked down at her jean shorts and noticed one had a bulge, so something had to be in her pocket.

"Then what's this?" I asked reaching into her pocket and grabbing what felt like a piece of paper.

She instantly snapped her body towards me and looked at me with wide eyes.

"It's nothing. Give it back and no one gets hurt." She said calmly.

"What are you hiding from me?" I asked holding the piece of paper above my head since she's too short to grab it.

"Seriously just give it to me!" She said becoming frustrated.

"Not until you tell me what this is! Or I will read it myself." I said looking down at her. She sighed and turned around to press the down button for the elevator.

I took this as the time to read the piece of paper that she was keeping from me without her knowing. I opened the paper as quietly as I could so Kaylee wouldn't hear me and turn around.

I finally opened it all the way and began to read.

We invite Kaylee Gorney to attend New York Filming Academy college for early admission. We understand that this is a short notice but we have a full scholarship for Ms. Gorney if she decides to come early. If you do decide to take the offer you need to be at the campus by July 14, 2016.

Thank you,

NYFA Directors'

I just shook my head in disbelief after I read those few sentences. I looked up at Kaylee to see her already looking at me, waiting for me to do something.

"Hayes," she started. I just shook my head and handed her the letter. "Please, say something, anything." She said wanting some type of reassurance from me.

"How come you didn't want to tell me?" I asked just as the elevator opened and we stepped in.

"I was going to-". She started but I cut her off.

"Seriously? When were you going to tell me? You only have a week, and I won't see you tomorrow since you have to fly back to go to that stupid prom of yours." I said leaning against the wall.

"I know you're only saying that out of anger, but I was planning on telling you soon, I just didn't want it to ruin our date, but I guess it already did." She said crossing her arms and looking forward. I groaned and walked towards her, embracing her in a hug.

"It's okay, it didn't ruin our date. I just wish you wouldn't have thought about keeping it from me. I love you no matter what, and you and I both know that you have to accept this even if that means that we won't see each other for a while, but I promise that we will end up together in the future, and try to keep in touch. It won't be like last time, I promise that I will keep my promises this time." I said truthfully.

"Pinky promise?" She asked smiling and looking up towards me. I nodded and linked our pinkies together.

I cupped her cheek and kissed her with as much passion as I could possibly pour into this kiss. We both broke away smiling and then walked out of the elevator since we already made it to the lobby.