Prologue

HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS!!

YEAH?

YEAH!!

WARNING: THERE IS A SCENE THAT DEALS WITH SUICIDE, IT IS VERY BRIEF SO PLEASE TAKE CAUTION SO IT DOESN'T TRIGGER ANY THOUGHTS. IF YOU NEED ANYONE JUST MESSAGE ME.

~

People think I'm different. They say I can see things others can't, but honestly I think they're the ones seeing something that's not there because I for one, think I am perfectly fine. Not only think, but know.

My parents have taken me to every form of psychiatry possible, and they've all said the same thing:

"Abella in very strange, she is not like the average teenager. I'm sorry, but I cannot help you."

They say this with a look of fear almost as if I chose those innocent people on purpose.

My parents have almost given up on me, and try to act like the whole town is not talking about me.

I love them dearly for all the support they provide for me, and am more than grateful for them than anything. They just don't understand what I'm going through.

Monday May 5th,

My mom slipped and said, "Gosh Abella why couldn't you be normal for once?" When I refused to socialize with others.

I tried convincing her that I was trying, but she just apologized, saying she didn't mean it, and excused herself.

Thursday May 8th,

I overheard my dad talking on the phone with my aunt explaining how I've gotten worse, and everyone keeps talking about me. He made plans with her of sending me over there without regarding my consent. Just so that I could get 'better'.

Friday May 16th,

They broke the news to me about moving to Oregon with my aunt, denying that it had anything to do with what was going on.

Little did they know I heard the conversation exchanged between my father and his sister.

The following day May 17th, I broke.

I tried overdosing on pills knowing I would never be good enough for my parents, for anyone really.

I was "different" and society couldn't bare the thought of anyone like me enduring here.

So I tried making them proud for once, tried saving my beloved parents the stress, and shame that I, myself brought upon us.

I failed though.

I failed at my own plan to save them.

That night as my parents sat beside my hospital bed, they decided I would leave as soon as I got better.

They made me promise not to try that again.

I promised, knowing there would be at least one thing I couldn't fail them on.

Now it's May 18th.

I sit on the backseat of my parent's car on our way to Oregon. It is about 8 hours away from here.

Picking on the frays of my black jeans; I stare at the different shades of green developed into trees. They reminded me of the color wheels I studied in art class.

The trees were indeed beautiful as the stretched out trying to reach the sky.

Trees are amazing, the fact that they provide us with more things that we could ask for. They do so much for us humans, how do repay them? By simply killing them.

Maybe Oregon wouldn't be so bad since it had this many trees.

The small grey car suddenly pulled into a two story home that had chipped blue paint and a red door.

I almost laughed at how odd it looked, standing out from all the brown houses in the neighborhood.

It was surrounded by trees and a white fence that contained mostly perfect green grass. There was a few patches of brown, but that didn't matter.

The air already felt cleaner, no longer filled with pollution from the city, but instead cool from the abundance of trees filtering around. I emotionally felt better like breathing was suddenly easier, nobody here knew who I was, and that made me so darn happy.

This was a fresh start, with fresh air, and a red door.