Chapter 2: As usually

Chapter 2

There we were again. Both lying on a bed. Staring at wall. Holding each other’s hands…. And very late from the work.

“What the time is it?” I asked.

“I don’t know and I don’t care”, Jared answered.

“C’mon you know I have an actual job where I have to go five times a week. I’m a normal human being”, I said and looked at him.

“What do you mean by an actual job? Don’t you think being teenager girls’ wet dream is hard?” he laughed.

“Okay, okay. Stop”, I said, kissed him and stood up.

After 45 minutes I was ready to leave to the work. I stopped in front of a mirror and looked myself. Damn I looked pretty good. Black skinny jeans and white top under black blazer.

“Okay honey I’m leaving now. Come and give me a kiss”, I yelled.

Then he walked to me, kissed me slowly and said:

“What do you think if we both would have a day-off today?”

“No, no. Not gonna happen. We already had “day-off” twice last week and my boss isn’t stupid. He totally knows the reason why I have these “day-offs”.”

He looked me and wanted me to say it out loud.

“Fucking”, I said quickly and walked to the door and left the house.

I know he was still standing there in a vestibule smiling at himself.

I was 20 minutes late from the work and I knew my boss was going to yell at me. I kind of hated my job. I was receptionist at Hollywood’s greatest hotel. Yeah it was pretty nice to meet celebrities everyday, but I already had one at home.

Sometimes people ask me why on earth am I even working. And when I ask why wouldn’t I, everyone always say: “But you have a very rich man. He can make the money”. I seriously don’t understand people. Me and Jared weren’t even married. Why people keep assuming that he’s the only one of us who does something?

My friend Lisa interrupted my thinking: “Hey Isabella, could you check the reservation list? I can’t remember who’s coming next and I should make their rooms ready”.

“Sure”, I answered and opened the computer: “George Clooney is our next quest. He will be here at five”.

I heard her yelling “Thanks”. I stared at computer’s screen. Today was going to be a long day. I had to be at the hotel to 2am, because Tom Hiddleston was about to come. Before that I should clean empty rooms and take more reservations. I actually didn’t do anything big in this job. But my salary was still huge. Probably because of the danger. Every local people knew this was an expensive hotel for celebrities so we were always a little bit afraid of the shootings etc. I heard my phone ringing in my pocket. I shouldn’t take any personal calls during the work, but honestly I had nothing to do so I decided to pick.

“Hey love”, he said.

“Is something wrong?” I asked. He usually didn’t call at work times.

“No, no. Everything’s fine. I just wanted to ask you how’s your work”.

“Well because of your interrupting not any better”

“Are you angry?”

“No”.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. Okay what is it?” I asked.

“I’m sorry, Is. I know I promised to take you to romantic date tomorrow, but Shannon called me and said that we needed to talk. He wants me to hang out at his place this week. I don’t know maybe he has problems with women”, he said and there was that weird tune in his voice. I could say he was lying.

“It’s okay. Have fun with your brother”.

“Are you sure it’s okay? Cause if it’s not just tell me and I will stay. You mean the world to me. If this makes you sad or disappointed…”

“Jared. Dear. I love you”, I said and I really did mean it.

“I love you too”, he said softly and then the call ended.

I smiled a little bit. I didn’t know was I sad or happy. Sometimes I wondered do I even own feelings anymore.

“Isabella! Come here right away! I need your help with cleaning this room. I don’t want George Clooney to live in a dumb!” Lisa screamed to me.

“I’m coming”, I answered and decided that this week I’ll only focus on my job.