Chapter 5: Broken coffee machine

Chapter 5

I stared at the picture and smiled a bit. But then I realized that tears were streaming down my face. Remembering past made me always sad. But why? The story of how me and Jared met was a beautiful story. Maybe that was the reason. Things weren’t that perfect anymore. Something had changed. Not my love for Jared. He was still the light of my life. Maybe I was just overthinking. Everything was okay, wasn’t it?

The phone rang and I scared to death:

“Who’s there?”

“It’s me, Tom Hiddleston. Sorry for bothering you. I know you don’t have work today, but your friend Lisa gave me your number”.

I was so surprised. I was 100% that the caller would have been Jared:  “Um why did she do that? This is a personal number. She can’t give my number to customer!”

“Oh no don’t blame her. I insisted”, he said and I clearly heard panicing tune in his voice.

“Well now you have my number so it’s whatever. Why did you call?” I asked.

“Well I tried to make that coffee machine work, but I failed. I’m sorry. I know you really care about coffee”, he said.

“Umm first of all why did you tried to fix it? And second of all how can you know what I possibly care about?” Did he really just call because of the coffee machine?

“Well I don’t know. I saw that you were pretty angry at that thing last night and I wanted to help. You just seemed like a person who needs their coffee right away”, Tom answered, again so gently. “But don’t worry. I made few calls and couple of my mates will bring a new coffee machine to your hotel today. It’ll be brand new and it has many more flavor to pick”, he continued.

“Oh no no Mr. Hiddleston. You don’t have to! You didn’t break that machine, it was my foot that kicked it. This is so embarrassing”, I said.

“Isabella Twist. It’s okay. It’s just a coffee machine. That’s the least what I can do. You stayed up all night waiting for me to come”, he said.

Did he think he was special somehow? I had waited hundreds of celebrities at night to come, because it was my freaking job. But still I just answered:

“Okay Mr. Hiddleston. If you say so”.