Chapter 12: Anger

Chapter 12

It had been 2 weeks since Jared came back from Shannon. Now he was going there again.

“For god sake why are you going? If you brother needs you why can’t you just tell me why?!” I was shouting at him because I knew I was gonna miss him too much.

“All things between brothers don’t belong to others”, he said. “Oh did you notice the rhyme?” he continued and laughed a bit.

“Fuck you Jared Joseph Leto!” I shouted.

Then I did a thing that I shouldn’t have done. I took a picture of us from the wall and threw it to him. It gladly didn’t hit him.

“What the fuck woman?! Are you nuts? I’m just going to visit my brother. That’s all”, now he started shouting too.

“Your brother? Oh last time I saw you on a TV with some blonde girl. There was a gossip you were dating”, I said.

“Do you really believe those gossip news shows? You didn’t use to. So why now?” he didn’t shout anymore. He just looked at me and wanted an answer.

I didn’t look at him back and he shook his head and left. I ruined everything again.

Later on a same day I went to work. Lisa saw that something had happened and came to me.

“Isabella, what is wrong?” she asked.

“Ugh Jared left again to his brother. And I crossed the line and threw a picture of us at him”, I said awkwardly.

“Well yeah that is way over the line for sure”, Lisa said.

“Thanks for support”, I said sarcasmly and put my coat to the stand.

“So what we’re gonna do today?” I asked.

“Well, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt are coming and also Emma Watson”, Lisa answered and continued: “I’ll be working till midnight. You have to do the late shift”.

“Okay. I’ll do it. No one waits me at home anyways”, I answered.

“Don’t feel so sorry for yourself. We all need some drama sometimes”, Lisa said and left.

Maybe she was right. I was overreacting. The phone rang and I answered:

“Hello it’s Hollywood Palace, Los Angeles’ greatest hotel. Isabella Twist on the phone. How can I help you?”

“Oh hi Isabella. It’s Tom here. I would like to reserve a room”.

“Tom! How great to hear from you. What day and what time?”

“Tomorrow. My plane will be in LA at midnight”, he said.

“Well usually we don’t have rooms in that short notice, but Cameron Diaz just cancelled her reservation so we have one room”, I told.

“Great. See you then”, he said and the call ended.

I was actually a little bit sad about his coming. I really didn’t need any more drama at the moment. But he was a customer and the most importantly my friend. So I took the late shift next day and waited for Tom to come. And he did. We hugged each other and told everything that had been happened in 2 weeks.

“I was meeting all my beautiful fans and did few interviews. And of course I was missing you”, Tom said.

I told him about my last 2 weeks and he listened. He listened it all without interrupting. I had never been that kind of person who would tell what they have to tell shortly. I always explained too much. 

“Sorry if I took your time. I know I tell things in a long way. So yeah, Jared’s now at Shannon’s and God knows how long”, I finally stopped talking.

“How did I manage to come here again when Jared’s at Shannon’s? I would have liked to meet him”, Tom said.

I think it was actually better that they hadn’t met. I still felt kind of quilty about the kiss: “Yeah I agree. It’s almost 2am already! I guess you’re tired and need some sleep”.

“You’re right. It was nice to meet you again, Isabella. Will you be working at morning? We could eat breakfast together”, Tom said.

“No I’ll not. And personnel aren’t allowed to eat the same food as customers anyway”, I answered.

“Okay then. We will see when we see”, he said and went to the elevator.

He looked at me before pressing the button. I looked at him back. And in that moment I realized this needed to stop.