Chapter 18: Surprise

Chapter 18

I had been at home for few weeks. Jared had treated me like I was a princess. We hadn’t had sex. I think Jared was too worried would I get hurt or something. But it wasn’t that important. I hoped that things would get normal soon.

I quailed when phone rang. I stood up from the bed and walked to the vestibule.

“Isabella Twist”, I answered.

I heard someone breathing, but no one said anything.

“Is this a crank call?” I asked.

Still no answer so I shut the phone.

“Who was it?” Jared came and asked.

“I don’t know. I only heard breathing. Probably a crank call or just someone from media”, I answered.

Jared looked like he was going to swear loudly, but then he just looked at me and said:

“Okay. Come to the kitchen. I have made some breakfast”.

“No I don’t think I have time. I have to be at the hotel in 30 minutes”, I answered. I had ate Jared’s pancakes too much lately.

“At the hotel? Isabella, don’t say that you’re going back to work”, he said and looked at me and expected me to say no and stay at home.

“I need to. I love you Jared and I love how you have took care of me last few weeks, but I need to go to work or I get crazy”, I told him and I meant it.

Now I understood that I actually liked my job. Yes it was very boring sometimes, but that hotel was like my second home.

Then Jared walked next to me, kissed me on the cheek and said:

“Okay go”.

I was so happy so I put my arms round his neck kissed him hard. Jared clearly wasn’t prepared for that. We hadn’t even kissed properly after what happened. First the kiss was a shy, but then it turned into a hot make out session on the table. Jared’s hands were going up and down on my feet and he kissed me with a huge passion. Then he stopped and said:

“I love you”.

I looked at his eyes and they look like they were sparkling. His eyes were so blue and they looked like a lagoon.

“I love you too”, I answered and kissed him one last time slowly before I went to the work.

I drove my car to the parking spot. I stayed in a car a while and looked at the hotel. Honestly I was scared. Would people recognize me? I wasn’t sure have there been my face in the magazines or was it just that “Jared Leto’s girlfriend tried to kill herself” articles. But all my friends from the work knew me and what I had tried. I didn’t want to people treat me differently, but of course they would. Just like Jared had done. I breathed heavily and got out of the car. I walked inside to the hotel.

“We have been waiting for you”, I heard when I came in.

All my co-workers were there with a cake. They looked at me and clearly excepted me to say something. Then I looked at Lisa who opened her mouth:

“I know it might be a little weird to give you a cake. Like it isn’t your birthday. This is a serious thing. But I know you Isabella and I know you love cake. We’ve  been over a month without you. We all have needed you”.

All those people were smiling at me and one of them continued:

“What you did made us all worried. We didn’t know that you were that lonely and desperate. But from now on we all promise to try our best to keep you happy. We’re your friends”.

I looked at all those people with a cake and everything and started to cry:

“Y-you don’t know how much I appreciate you guys. Thank you… and I promise to replace you that I haven’t been here working for a month”.

“You don’t need to replace anything. And by the way, someone special wants to talk to you. We let you alone for a while. But try to be quick, cause otherwise we eat this whole cake”, Lisa said.

Behind the people I saw him. Tom. The last time we talked was when I admitted that I had thrown all the things out of his window. I still didn’t understand how I managed to make that bad idea.

“Hello Isabella”, he said.

I ran to him and hugged him.

“I’m so sorry”, I said crying.

He held me thigh and hugged me back.

“It’s okay. After all media didn’t care about that. I wasn’t that interesting”, he said and even smiled a bit.

“But I heard what you tried and that’s why I came”, he continued.

“Everything’s okay now, Tom. Jared took a really good care of me and now I’m even happier that you have forgiven me”, I said.

“But I think you should still talk about it”, he said and looked at me.

He clearly had read my mind.

“Okay. Let’s go outside for a walk. Let those people eat my cake”, I answered and smiled.