Chapter 20: Love in the air

Chapter 20

Another month had came, and another and another. It was autumn already.

“Hey Isabella in which time do you leave the work today?” Jared shouted from another room.

“Jared Joseph Leto, you should try to learn how to ask questions. You come here and ask your question looking at my eyes and not shouting from another room”, I said.

In few seconds he was standing in front of me asking again:

“In which time do you leave the work today, dear?”

“That’s better. I’m leaving at 5pm”, I answered and left to the work.

“Hi Lisa”, I greeted her when I when I went to the job.

“Hi Isabella. Guess what happened yesterday?” Lisa was clearly excited.

I didn’t even manage to say “What?” when she already said:

“Tom bought us tickets to Paris! Can you believe it? To the City of Love!” she screamed.

“Wow that is amazing. You must be excited”, I said.

“Have you ever been there?” Lisa asked.

“No. I like to stay here in City of Angels”, I answered and continued: “But you know what? I think Paris would be a perfect place for you”.

“You think so?” she smiled and hugged me.

“So everything’s great between you two?” I asked just to be sure.

“Yes. Perfect. Even though we have been together for 4 months I think he could be the one for me”, Lisa answered.

“Whoa you’ve never said like that about any guy. Tom must be very special”, I was so happy for them.

“He is”, Lisa answered and looked to the ground and clearly was thinking something.

I was already walking away and going to clean some rooms, but then Lisa said:

“Isabella. I respect you a lot. I want that the love between me and Tom will be the same kind of love that you and Jared have”.

I looked at her and I was very surprised. I went and hugged her and said:

“I believe it is”.

“Really?” she asked.

“Really. I have seen the way Tom looks at you. That is true love”, I said.

“What is true love?” I heard voice behind us.

“Tom!” we both said at the same time.

We looked at each other and laughed.

“Okay you can hug him first”, I gave permission.

Then Tom took Lisa’s face to his hands and he kissed her. I tried not to look, but I needed to because kiss tells more than a thousand words. And I wanted to know is it true love. Okay, okay maybe I was a little bit curios did Tom kiss Lisa the same way he kissed me. And the fact was that he didn’t. He kissed her better. I wasn’t jealous. I was relieved. They stopped kissing and Lisa said:

“Okay you pervert you can stop staring at us now”.

“Are you talking to me?” I asked.

“Who else?” she laughed.

“Okay,okay”, I said and went to check the reservation list.

It was almost 5 and I could leave the job.

“Okay go”, Lisa said.

“Mm where? What do you mean?” I asked.

“Outside. Someone’s waiting for you there”, she answered and smiled.

I wasn’t bothered to ask anymore so I did like Lisa said. I walked outside and Jared was there waiting for me next to my car.

“What are you doing here?” I asked.

“You’ll see”, he said and took his scarf and put it on my eyes.

“I can’t see anything. Jared, what is this?” I was a bit scared.

“Do you trust me?” he asked.

“Of course I do”, I answered.

“Then nothing’s wrong”, he said and put me into the car.