Chapter 6: Don't come closer to me

Chapter 6

It was Wednesday. I was working as always. Jared had been at Shannon’s for two days now and he hadn’t called.

“Why don’t you call him?” Lisa asked.

“Nah I can’t. I don’t miss him that much anyway”, I answered but I was totally lying.

“Yeah right. Do you really think that I would believe that? Last 4 years main things that we have talked about have been 1. Jared 2. Yours and Jared’s amazing sex and 3. Why Jared doesn’t propose you”, she looked at me and raised her eyebrows as a sign “I’m right”.

I looked at her, smiled and shook my head: “Why do you have to know me so well?”

“Well part of the reason why could be that you’re my best friend”, she said and hugged me. “And by the way, why does Tom Hiddleston keeps asking questions about you? Did something happen while I was sleeping two days ago?”

“Well I was cursing the coffee machine and he showed up behind me and things got awkward… and now he has bought us a new machine”, I told.

“Weirdo”, she said and took phone on the table.

“Wait who are you calling?” I asked.

“Don’t you remember? Naya Rivera is coming today. I need to call and ask does she wants a diner or something when she arrives”, Lisa said and I can swear that even though she said that, she totally had something else on her mind.

“Whatever”, I said by myself.

I walked to the couch that were in the hall and sat down. I took the remote and started watching TV. Some gossip news show was on and I was too tired to change the channel.

“Can I join?” I heard voice asking.

I already knew who he was without looking at him: “Hello Mr. Hiddleston”.

“You didn’t answer my question”, he said.

“Well you’re a quest here and you can do whatever you want. You don’t need my permission to watch TV in an open hall”, I answered.

“Good”, he said and sat down next to me to the couch.

I put more volume to the TV and watched.

“Jared Leto has been seen in New York City this week with mysterious girl. She clearly isn’t Isabella Twist, Leto’s current girlfriend so who is she? A new lover?” woman in a TV said.

“Do you believe that?” Tom asked.

“Do you really think this is the first time when they gossip that he would have a new girlfriend? It isn’t. He loves me. Everything’s okay”, I said.

I closed the TV and gave the remote to Tom: “It’s yours. Watch what you want”… “But by the way if you didn’t notice, there is a TV in your room also”.